006. bad news

"SO ARE YOU NEW HERE?" clementine asked, the two walked side and side in the hallway—he was sweet, well so far at least

"SO ARE YOU NEW HERE?" clementine asked, the two walked side and side in the hallway—he was sweet, well so far at least. Clementine had heard of the rumours around school, shawn's 'joke' was more trouble than she expected "I started two weeks ago, but I got switched to this class" he answered.

"Yeah that makes sense, I know everyone in all my classes and I've never seen you before" clementine opened her locker, Corey, Shawn and feeny already stood their "what's happening?" she looked over at Shawn.

He just looked at her, then Nathan who'd been carrying her books "who are you?" he ignored her entirely "natha-" "Shawn quit it, what's happening to Corey?" she cut off the blonde boy.

"I think he's about to get busted for something I did...." he pretended to read a book, mumbling "oh there you are Mrs. Edwards, I need to have a word with you!" feeny called out.

"The janitor said he saw you, Corey and another boy leaving the editorial office" Feeny looked at the two "I was just about to have my meeting with Mr. Matthews why don't you join us?" feeny was polite.

Clementine looked at Shawn and Nathan "uh, I'd rather not but if you're insisting...." her eyes were wide, she couldn't afford to her parents would be so disappointed they already worked enough and having something bad on her record terrified her "you know we didn't do anything!" Corey defended them both.

Clementine hoped Shawn would say something, even if he was mad at her he wouldn't dare to let Corey get in trouble for something he did "and until you tell me who it is the only person I can talk to is you!" he pointed at them both.

"three-thirty Mr. Matthews, Mrs. Edwards" the two repeated his time back to him, Nathan looked around, surprised she'd do anything wrong "did you tell him?" Shawn grabbed coreys shoulder.

"No! but he should have!" clementine rolled her eyes, she felt breathing was uncontrollably loud "thanks, man!" Shawn ignored her.

Corey turned to his side, looking at the boy who hadn't spoken a word "who's he?" coreys eyebrows raised "oh....this is Nathan we have a class together" clementine shyly smiled.
"hm, Shawn, you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine Corey, as great as I'll ever be!" Shawn rolled his eyes, making it so Nathan can see his unpleasantries with him being around "okay then, it's nice to meet you... I'm Corey!" the curly head smiled and held at a hand.

"What do you want with our clementine?" he spoke as a father would, Nathan smiled but the girl didn't find it as funny "Corey, we have to go I guess I'll be seeing you at three-thirty" clementine frowned, locking eyes with Shawn.

"It was nice meeting ya!" Nathan waved before following behind her, "I don't like this Nathan fellow he smells like bad news!" Shawn followed up as soon as he left

━━━━━

Corey and clementine walked into the principals' office side by side, she was holding back the waterworks in case they needed to be used "listen, about the headline and all, well
we're sorry for what happened it must have hurt, you know" Corey looked over at the panicked girl "oh, as if i've heard it before it was practically my nickname growning, mrs edwards are you okay?" feeny asked.

"Oh me? yeah i'm great it's just the wind in my eyes!' she lied, the window wasn't open and they were inside "its no wind Mrs Edwards, the windows closed..." feeny looked over
"yeah I know."

"So are we gonna get suspended...NYU won't accept me if I have something on my record please Mr Feeny I didn't do it!" she begged "name the person who did and you walk free!" was his answer, she couldn't do that, even though her and Shawn weren't on speaking terms she'd never rat him out—even if she didn't like him personally.

"I'm sorry I can't do that" corey answer, george looked at clementine waiting for a answer, she rubbed the back of her neck "I can't do that either!" she looked at her feet.

"So you've both thought about this and that's your final decision?" mr feeny wanted to make sure "yeah" they both answered "you've both decided that protecting a friendship and relationship is more important that the grisly punishment I shall now dispense?"

"we aren't-"

"Mr feeny he didn't mean to hurt anyone, he just wanted to do something that would make him somebody special" corey cut her off, she just stared at him—confessed with the mans words and what relationship meant to him "ah...to be somebody special is a quality from within mr Matthews to give you an example, I think it's a very rare quality for you to put a friends welfare before your own!"

"but just a second ago you wanted us to rat on him" corey sat up, pointing between them "as the new principal, yes, but as your teacher as someone who lived next door, watched you grow up, I never expected it for a moment!"

Clementine began to cry "that's so sweet oh my god, i'm a trouble maker i've been tainted!" she dramatically said.