08

Ranboo woke up feeling more ready than ever. The fact that he was going to meet his friends today was exciting. He knows he will have his mask on the whole time, but he'll keep his glasses off in his pocket while in the airport and plane.

12 hours

He gets to the airport early, his flight being at a time the airport isn't as busy, and he gets ready for check in. His parents walk him through everything. They hug him and say their goodbyes when they can't go any further with him.

His anxiety bubbles as he's all alone in the airport, wearing a basic mask, and comfy clothes. He's terrified of being recognized, so he keeps his hair in his face, and walks fast, not wanting to stay in one place for too long

11 hours

His legs shake as his plane gets called for boarding. He gets up shakily. Has has to duck to get into the plane, he fines his seat easily, and luckily because of COVID he won't have someone next to him so he can relax a bit.

10 hours

The plane take off and the thought alone makes him nauseous. He's not scared of flying. He's about to meet his best friend for the first time and then live with him for 4 months. 4 whole months of someone seeing his face and he can't get away from it.

9 hours

Not much has changed, he listens to His music and wishes he could call his friends to help him with his thoughts, but he's stuck by himself for much longer.

7 hours

He starts watching movies to distract himself. Losing himself in plot lines that don't always make since and funny moments where he has to hold in a laugh.

5 hours

He's halfway there and he still doesn't know if he's ready. He can't stop thinking about the what if's.

What if everyone laughs when they see his face?

What if they find out he's more annoying in person and wants to send him back?

3 hours

Distraction is no long an option. He can't get out of his head. All he can do is silently panic as he looks out the plane window and hope he calms down before he lands.

1 hour

He can feel the excitement through his panic now. But it doesn't stop his leg bouncing up and down, thinking about his face reveal, how he's gonna be living in a different country for 4 months, meeting so many people for the first time and them seeing his face.

30 minutes

So close but still so far. The excitement buzzed in his chest as he looks out the window as the captain over the speaker says they are about to land.

1 minute

He stands up, the plane has landed and people are leaving one by one. He gets off the plane and shakily walks to where he needs to go. He takes out his phone and turns it off airplane mode to see many messages from Tubbo. He sends a quick text to meet him at baggage claim and walks over to see if he can find his bags.

He spots Tubbo pretty quick, being as tall as he is it's not hard to see around. He quickly finds his bags and starts walking towards the direction he saw Tubbo. Finally they make eye contact, Ranboo wasn't wearing his glasses, all he can think is that.

He can see Tubbos eyes light up, he can tell there is a smile behind his mask. Tubbo had repeatedly said to him, and chat, that he hated hugs, but as soon as he got close enough he launched himself into the tallers arms.

"Oh my god you are real, this is happening" he rants as he feels ranboo reciprocate the hug. Ranboo is someone who takes comfort in physical touch, finally being about to hug the person who makes him feel the safest makes all his worry's go away, it's like he wasn't anxious at all.

They fall into regular conversations easily. Tubbo walks him over to the rest of the family, that being Tubbos mom and sister Lani, and they leave to go to their house.

He watches as everyone takes off their masks as they enter the car and he sits for a second to realize that the normal thing to do is take off his as well. He freezes up when he goes to take it off, hand resting on the strap, still secured on his ear. He starts to panic realizing the only person in the car who has seen his face is Tubbo and he has to make a quick decision if he wants to change that.

Thankfully Tubbo realizes what's happening and grabs his hand and brings it away from his mask, whispering "it's okay, there's no need to take it off if you aren't ready"

He slowly nods as he gets into a conversation with Tubbos mom about his plans while he's here.

-

When they finally arrive at the house, ranboo brings his stuff into Tubbos part of the house, they start chatting about random stuff and ranboo finally gets tired of the mask and takes it off. He sits down on the couch as Tubbo is messing around on his computer.

When he spins around in his chair he doesn't mention the lack of mask, he just falls back into conversation, as they get ready to tell the internet that they have finally met up.

Tubbo finally brings it up. "You can wear the mask whenever you want" he sighs as he's setting up stream. "None of my family care, and if it makes you more comfortable than it's definitely okay"

Ranboo feels his breath slightly quicken at even mentioning of it. "T-Thanks" he stutters as he brings his knees to his chest. He scrolls through Twitter in his phone trying to pass the time.

"I hope at some point you won't even think about it, I want you to feel safe here" Tubbo finally says. He looks at Ranboo with a smile. Without waiting for him to answer he goes "okay streams all set, ready to break the internet?"

Ranboo has never felt more comfortable in his life.

-

1050 words the most I have written in one chapter. Sorry for no updates for a while I shall get back into updates soon. ❤️❤️