wildest dreams

He was coming back today. After 8 long and helpless years, she'd see him again. And she'd probably feel his ever so gentle touches that lingered on her cheeks and jaw whenever he cupped her face in his hands. Honestly, that was it. They had never touched each other more than that. Not after the night they conceived Hope. She'd hear the sound of his voice again, would engage in endless bantering with him again. She most definitely was elated and eager, but part of her was nervous. Nervous to face him.

8 years back

For once there was peace. For once they didn't have to worry about protecting their daughter. This period of time would remind them what being alive truly meant and how it felt. With Rebekah and Marcel taking care of Hope for a while, Klaus and Hayley could rest and breathe without worrying for sometime. They could go wherever they want, with who ever they want but given the amount of people they had both lost in the last few years, they didn't exactly have anyone or anywhere to go back to. They were clueless about what they would do next. Dilemma had never been better for the both of them. Perhaps, they probably could get to know each other better if they would have to spent eternity running and protecting their daughter. Or, they could finally do something about all the unresolved feelings that they both carried in their hearts for each other but didn't know themselves. Their subconsciousness did possibly but they didn't. Let alone telling the other. But it was very visible to the eye that there was an undeniable pull between the two.

After leaving Hope under Rebekah and Marcel's care, Klaus and Hayley left together in his car. For a change, they weren't sad about letting go of Hope because truth be told, with the amount of rivals trying to reach them, Rebekah and Marcel could safeguard Hope more than they could.

His hands were on the steering wheel and Hayley was sat beside him by the passenger's seat. She didn't look sad. She looked relieved and so did he. Small smiles creeping their way into their faces. There was a comfortable silence in the car. But Klaus decided to break it. "So, now that we have ensured Hope's safety and the danger is at bay, where do you plan on going or what do you plan on doing?". "Well, I don't know. I had a child with a thousand year old hybrid at the age of 19 and since the moment she's been born, all I've done is for her. And now that she's the safest she's been, I'm kind of thinking about my lost youth. All my dreams and ambitions of seeing the world, being someone with an identity, wanting to go to college, make a career for myself and what not. But destiny had different plans as you see. I wasn't born to have a normal life". She said. Klaus chuckled lightly at her response. "This is funny to you?", she asked in a playful manner. "No, you're too extraordinary and exquisite to be leading such an ordinary life. I'm glad we crossed paths and we had a one-night stand because admit it, I turned your life around and you saw things with me you never thought you would even in your wildest dreams". He said playfully with pride and turned to look at her during the last part. He saw her smiling cheekily, trying not to blush and smirked, turning his gaze back on the road. "Well there's no denying in that. I saw things with you, lived through them which I wouldn't have ever imagined. But that doesn't change the fact that I haven't seen Paris". She said with a playful grin. "Ah! So that's where you are planning on going!". He exclaimed with playfulness dripping. She knew what she was doing when she told him about Paris and she knew that he knew it too. In her soul, she even knew he wouldn't go nowhere without her even if he didn't have to be with her now. She decided to play on. "Are you kidding? Going to one of the most romantic places in the world on a solo trip? I'd rather go to Mystic Falls and work at the Grill to make a little money". She said and he laughed out loud. She looked at him and smiled. It felt like it had been a century since she had heard him laugh. "Enough of me. What do you wanna do? Reside in English countryside and hone your mediocre painting skills?". She said and he glared at her playfully and she burst out with laughter. He looked at her and smiled. He had missed hearing her sweet voice laugh. "First, my painting skills are anything but mediocre and secondly, no. I do not plan on residing by the countryside and nowhere for that matter. I'm a lonely guy, little wolf". He said and she hit his arm, chuckling. "That makes the two of us then. And neither of us have much of a choice for company". She said looking out the window, too shy all of a sudden to be facing him. He noticed and smirked at this side of her. "Then let's get out this town and drive out. Away from the crowds". He said and she looked at him only to find him looking at her. Their eyes locked and she looked down, hiding the blush that had crept into her cheeks. He smiled at the effect he had on her and said, "I'll take that as a yes". She rolled her eyes. "We kinda have to have this car in a good condition to get out of this town. So eyes on the road, Grandpa". She said making the two of them laugh.