5 (end)

"Hey, Andy," Joe has the pills in hand when he calls Andy the next day.

"I got the pills from Pete,"

"He doesn't know, though," It's true, because when Joe went to the bathroom, he opened the medicine cabinet behind the mirror and found Pete's Ativan.

"I don't know if I should go through with it,"

"Not right now, at least,"

"Maybe after Patrick and Pete get married,"

"Patrick immediately said he wanted me, and Pete almost cried because he misses you,"

"He said, that, without a doubt, you would be his best man,"

"Now I think it's going to be Mixon," Joe thinks for a second.

"Maybe if I did it now, Brendon could be Patrick's best man,"

"Patrick deserves someone who wants to stay on the earth long enough for his wedding,"

"My mind is made up, Andy. I should see you in about four hours, if all goes well,"

"I love you, sweetheart, so much,"

And Joe swallows the whole bottle seconds later.

I'm coming, Andy. I'm coming.

He thinks as he begins to get drowsy.

--

"Time of death: 9:34," The paramedic tells the other one, who then writes it down.

"Joe, no!" Patrick yells and runs for the lifeless body that's now being zipped into a black bag.

"Patrick!" Pete's arms go around his torso, holding him back.

"Pete, let me go!" Patrick hits at his arms, but Pete's grip on him doesn't loosen.

They watch as Joe's body is rolled past them. Patrick collapses in Pete's arms, sobbing uncontrollably.

Joe, his best friend for as long as he can remember, is dead.

At least he'll be happy with Andy.