prologue : the old and new

"Guys! we're finnaly senior highschoolers!" someone said as i sat down and looked out the window "Yeah! it sucks butts that we might never see each other again though" another spoke drooping down in the thought of separation. "Don't worry we'll keep in touch! promise each other, c'mon" it's finnaly the day is it? 9th graders turning into 10th graders.

Seniors turning into Juniors again, it's the day where we'll be Taking home a tube with a paper in it, wearing annoying robes, hugging each other goodbye, trying to hold back your cries. yeah it's that day.. "Every graduates please make your way to the field for we well begin the ceremony shortly" the announcer on the speaker spoke.

I sighed and got my backpack to put on the stupid robe, hoping the day will pass quicker so i can start moving out. I looked out the window and saw my peers already in their robes hugging each other, hugging their favorite teachers. I sighed to myself and went back to reality, where was i again? oh putting on the robe.

After i put on the robes everything felt so fast, well or in other words how i wanted it to be "Congratulations Tozoko Katou, on ranking in the prefecture's leaderboards on the national exams you have made the school proud and as a reward you get a scholarship to the highschool of your choice, the scholarship pays for Xx yen!" the teacher congratulates me as i bowed in front of my whole peers.

"Eh? Katou-kun's that smart?"

"Wow! i din't know Katou-kun is such a braniac"

"Yeah, he's smart as heck!"

"He is, i'll give him that.. if only he weren't such an antisocial"

Why can't i go home when i've already taken my diploma? i grumbled and sat down with my little trophy watching ever one of my peers take photos with each other, or their families. My phone beeped and came a message, i opened my phone sliding the screen up and tapped social media.

'Hey Zoko, sorry that i had to leave early again today, the apartment's been busy with guests. Im sorry that i can't come to your graduation but i wanted to say happy graduation as soon as i can' i smiled fondly at the message, it's the first time my lips upcurved today.

'It's alright Ms Haruhiko thankyou'

'Well, as a celebration you can come back to your apartment room and we'll go out tonight! what do you say?'

'I'd like that, i'll be there as soon as i can' i typed and pocketed my phone, i rose from my seat and packed my things, seems like we're allowed to go home now anyways. The school isn't as lively anymore, there aren't much students left and so summer vacation begins.

I looked back once as i was standing on the school gates, the Sakura trees were raining petals down the sky was blue and the day seems perfect for most but it's just another day. Well.. This is goodbye, after this is a new place for me and what i hope is... to make actual memories there.

Got myself back to my apartment room and spent the afternoon away on looking for possible apartments near the school i'll be going to. I needed someplace cheap because my online job and small wages won't cover for an extravagant place. Scrolling down, refreshing pages, running through other websites, pulling out my earphones and blasting music to my ears.

The time passed so quickly and i din't even realize that it was already the evening. "God dang, are there really no places avaible?!" i rubbed my forehead and went to click on another site on my laptop screen but i felt a hand on my shoulder and immediately stopped. I look behind me to see a women with brown hair that goes to her waist and gentle brown eyes.

"Ms Haruhiko, how long have you been in here?" I asked for an answer, to which i got after a short giggle "About 10 minutes Tozoko, you were so caught up in looking for an apartment you din't even notice myself coming in" i felt heat creep on on my ears and i stood up to bow to the woman.