Chapter 2. Very-Very Best Friend

Published: 06-11-21
Edited: 23-05-22
[Day-Month-Year]

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Last chapter was almost 3700 words, damn, that's my record

-
[[Edit] Never mind, one of my other book's chapters has 4700 , I'm dumb, 1IQ
('ō - ō)]
-

If you find any mistakes, please, bother to tell me)

I adore reading comments, so feel free to make stupid jokes :)

Enjoy!

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Naruto was walking through the streets with hands in his pockets, looking at the ground. He just went where his feet dragged him. Expectingly, the villagers he was passing by hid their children behind them and glared at the boy like always. But he didn't notice. He was too deep in his thoughts. "-That means if the Nine-tailed fox is sealed inside of me, is that the reason why the villagers hate me 'ttebayo? Ii e, ii e, the real question is.. Are they scared of the fox inside me or me, the container?-" that question made him stop in his tracks. Did they hate HIM or the fox? He couldn't tell. That's when an idea came up in his mind. What about going to Jiji-the-Hokage? The fox said something about Jiji and not trusting him. He surely knows what this is about, right? Then why didn't he tell him. Why. Was the old man really lying to him all the time? Did Kyuubi speak the truth? Naruto needed to find out, so he got an energy boost to come out of nowhere and ran off to the Hokage tower, not noticing anything in front, but focusing only on his own thoughts and questions.

While running he bumped into someone, so he rubbed his forehead, apologised and tried to run off again, but the figure he crashed into grabbed him by the shoulder and wouldn't let him go.

"-I'm screwed,-" Naruto thought as he looked up at the man in front of him, who was about three times taller than himself. The boy gulped. A drop of sweat ran down his cheek. Naruto yelped as he was suddenly dragged into an alleyway that just happened to be nearby. he was pinned to the wall by the huge man, who held an aggressive position, ready to hit the small boy. Naruto groaned at the harsh motion, but managed to spot two other guys, one of which had a Leaf headband and was spinning a kunai on his index finger.

"-Uh oh...-"

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

POV
SHIKAMARU AND CHOJI

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Shikamaru and Choji were walking down the street, talking about the upcoming three years in the academy and overall their future when a Naruto zoomed past them with great speed leaving a small gust of wind to hit the two boys. Choji held tighter on the crisps he was eating, while Shikamaru was a bit stunned at the speed of the other boy. They both turned around to see that a man put a hand on Naruto's shoulder and dragged him to the alleyway nearby.

Shikamaru, being five-year-old, couldn't possibly do anything, but he took action. His gut told him this was not good, so he told Choji to wait for him at the candy store they were heading to and waved him a 'see you later'. By the time he said bye to his friend, Naruto was already pinned to a wall by one of the three men he spotted in the alleyway. Shikamaru tensed and tried to think of something to help, but he was just five, he couldn't actually go and fight them with his own strength—he didn't know any jutsu except the one his dad showed him! And even that jutsu wasn't doing great yet. He started panicking. Why? He didn't even know the boy in trouble. He sighed, put his hands together and laced his fingers with a nervous expression, taking the famous tactical thinking pose for the first time in his life. He focused on what he needed to do and on what he could do right now. Save the boy, with hopefully no injuries, don't get hit yourself, deal with it quickly and efficiently. Preferably, no combat. Those were the main rules he was currently basing his plan off of.