epilogue

The Epilogue

The Epilogue

"Daddy!" The man quickly turned around as he saw a girl who just got out of the kindergarten, ran towards him. He kneeled as he spread his arms as the girl quickly hugged him.

"How was school, baby?" The man released the small figure out from his embrace as he asked, smiling sweetly at her.

"It was fun! We were asked to draw our family portrait today! Look! This is you, me, and momi! We are a happy family!" Jungkook smiled faltered as he saw the drawing. He pressed his lips into a thin line before he smiled back as he raised his eyes level to look at the little girl in front of him.

The portrait that was held by the girl had a signature at the bottom right of the drawing block, Jeon Hana.

-

3 years ago.

"Jungkook!" Mary quickly ran towards Jungkook with Hana that was also doing the same while holding Mary's hand firmly. Jungkook brought his puffy face into his palms as he did not want anyone to watch him looking this miserable, yet again.

Jungkook was sitting in the waiting section as he stared at nowhere. His puffy eyes did not even blink as his breathing from time to time would hitch. He slowly brought his eyes to his right thigh as he felt someone patting that thigh of his.

That's when he saw Hana's face came into his sight. Her eyes were almost the same as him. He quickly pulled his inner lips against his teeth as he contained his sobs. His tears rolled even more before he hugged the small figure in front of him.

"She didn't make it... She's gone..." Jungkook cried out loud, not even trying to cover his sobs in front of Hana, not even care about people seeing them, seeing him without any disguise that covered his identity. Slowly, their sobs echoed together through the air. Mary collapsed on the seat next to Jungkook as she could not believe what she just heard.

Her best friend was gone.

Anne was confirmed murdered.

Hours passed, Jungkook was in the morgue where Anne was brought to. She was kept here first before the hospital got the family's consent to proceed with the post-mortem on her body to confirm the murder was the cause of her cause of death.

Jungkook felt numb after crying for too long and his puffy eyes were just glued to Anne's lifeless body that was lying in front of him. Tears rolled again on his cheeks but his expression did not change, still emotionless.

He then could feel a pat on his shoulder as he turned his head to the person beside him. He saw Hoseok smiled bitterly at him. He just arrived in Ulsan just now with the members after they got the news.

His sobs started to escape again as he dropped his head onto Hoseok's shoulder. His body was trembling as he cried out loud for God knows how many times he did that within this day. Hoseok quickly holds him as he stroked the youngest back.