ɪ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ.

Note: There are lyrics from Halsey's-Control that gave me inspiration for this piece!  Enjoy!

—————————————————————————

The sound of his running feet were heard against soaked earth, slight splashes with every step as he hurried. A child of the age of seven. . . no wait, a Seiryuu at the age of seven, hurried to where children had been taken by bandits seeking the powers of legend.

They came as he slept in his home, curled up to try and stay warm from the crisp, and unforgiving cold air. Village children were taken when bandits heard them speaking of a villager with a person that had the ability to turn those to stone with his eyes.

He was stirred awake by the sounds of parents in a panic, he grabbed his mask and sword and ran to the nearest bushes to hear what had happened.

'They took the children!!'
'We should just give them the Seiryuu!'
'He's nothing but trouble!'
'The power curses the village!'
'It's because of him we have to endure this!'
'Give them the Seiryuu!'

He couldn't say he was surprised, even at that age. But he was in fact, frightened to hear this. He remembered the Seiryuu before him fighting them, he remembered how ruthless the bad guys could be, and he was going to be given to them? He was kind of afraid. . .

There was only one thing he could do, and that was to try and stop them before they could decide to give him away. He gripped his sword and ran to where the children were taken, he could see the fire way in the distance.

The sounds of his feet against soaked soil was heard as well as the sound of his breath, as he approached, he could see there was over ten of them, all armed with swords. The children forced to sit off to the side, they all cuddled together as most of them cried.

The bandits would stand and turn their attention to the blue haired child that came from the direction of the village, and they laughed as he held his sword out. He was a child, but he was already strong from the things he's endured and been taught by the Seiryuu before him.

He was a strict man, he was angry, sometimes he was scary. He didn't hold back, despite him being only three to four years old.

The Seiryuu wore clothes that were slightly too big, his blue hair just beginning to grow out and get long. Still, it stuck out like a sore thumb, not to mention his mask. The children noticed him and got quiet, some of the smaller ones began to scream in fear.

His gaze shifted to them, and more coward in fear. Those were the children he wished to talk to growing up, those were the children he wanted to play with, to just. . . even talk with. He was also told he wouldn't have friends, but he had to try, didn't he?

But it wasn't until that moment, that he realized that he scared them more then bandits did. A child that did them no wrong, frightened them more then the ruthless people that took them from the village. It was. . . disheartening.

He'd clench his teeth, and out of frustration and anger he rushed at one of the bandits, he didn't last long it battle however, and was kicked to the ground by another.

His body was greeted with more kicks from more that surrounded him, and he curled himself in a ball and tried to protect his head as he took it. It felt like forever, he wanted it to stop, but at this moment he felt helpless. He could still hear the children crying behind them.

Finally one of them picked up his limp, bloodied, broken and bruised body by the arm and began to drag him towards the other children. That's when he could hear them continue to scream and cry out that he was a monster.

Of course, this was just the kind of thing they were looking for, and though Seiryuu tried to keep his mask on, it was ripped off. He squeezed his eyes shut but the man grabbed him by the neck and yelled at him to open them.

When he wouldn't, he was slammed onto the ground in front of the other children and left there while he told the other men he thinks they found what they were looking for, they could see the red markings which were strange, the hair, they just had to check his eyes.

They also mentioned not planning to release the children, and they'd come along too. He could hear this all from the ground, his eyes opening slightly as he fought to clear his vision. Using what was left of his strength and determination, he sat up, then slowly stood up, keeping the children behind him.

As he stood, others began to notice and he was beginning to get approached. He knew he shouldn't use his powers. . . but no one was coming to help him, and this time, his mentor wouldn't be there for him like last time. He balled up his fist. . . and opened his eyes.

ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪᴅꜱ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ, 'ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ꜱᴄᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ'
ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴀᴡꜰᴜʟ ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏ
ɢᴏᴅ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ
ᴡʜᴏ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ?

The men immediately began to drop their swords, gripping their heads as they screamed. The children behind him closed their eyes and screamed and cried, fearing for their lives, not from the bandits. . . but from him.

Golden dragon eyes hungry from lack of use and freedom ate up what it could hungrily, viciously, he couldn't stop. The power radiating from him towards them was strong, his eyes were almost stuck focused and open as he could see their hearts beating. Voices behind him shouting at him to devour more, to kill them all.

He was afraid himself, but he couldn't stop himself, he couldn't make himself stop. Some of the men flailed swords around, trying to strike at something that wasn't actually there, they'd scream in pain, in utter horror. Some would try to crawl away, screaming and crying in fear from a monster they could see.

Slowly they'd all crumble onto the ground, holding their chests. They all died with looks of horror on their faces, their last sounds being terrified. They screamed and cried monster, only confirming what the children thought he was. . . He was trembling, he was scared.

He was scared of himself, of what they said, of what he seen. He looked at all the bodies onto the ground in horror. . . When finally, a very strong feeling overcame him. His chest hurt very badly and he couldn't feel his body. His legs buckled and he collapsed on the ground, tears leaked from his eyes and trailed onto the ground, he was so scared.

ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋɪᴅꜱ ᴄʀɪᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ, 'ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ꜱᴄᴀʀɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ'
ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴀᴡꜰᴜʟ ᴇɴᴇʀɢʏ
ɢᴏᴅ ᴅᴀᴍɴ ʀɪɢʜᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜱʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴍᴇ
ᴡʜᴏ ɪꜱ ɪɴ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ?

When all was done, the children cried and screamed and ran back towards the village. That's when it dawned on him, it's when he realized it was hopeless. . . He watched them run from him as his vision began to blur. He knew how it would look, how it would sound.

The adults would come, they would find him on the ground surrounded by bodies, and it would just confirm what they already knew in their hearts, just deepening their fear.

He just knew his efforts and hopes to have a friend or even just be accepted were in vain. Those mothers wouldn't thank him, they'd hold their children close thanking their lucky stars that the cursed beast didn't take their child from them. He wouldn't be thanked for saving them, or defending them from this threat, because it was his fault they were there.

It was when he realized. . . 'ɪ'ʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ʙᴇ ᴀ ᴍᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴇʏᴇꜱ.'