Chapter 4 - Weakened Bond

After the tournament he went to on Friday night, John did not have a problem being late the next day as it was the weekend. He spent time in bed until noon.

He spent the weekend classically with Seraphina. went to the mall, Woaba Boba, and other regular places, just like the old days. As if Seraphina never lost her talent, as if the Joker incident never happened.

But they both had other issues on their minds.

Although John was eager to correct his mistakes and put old issues back on track, everyone at school was avoiding him, not even wanting to be in the same place as him.

Seraphina, on the other hand, had a new purpose after regaining her powers. She reunited with her older sister and met an organization through her. But, except for Arlo, no one else knew about it.

The weekend passed without any problems. John and Seraphina had a normal weekend after a long time.

Back at school, John and Seraphina sat on the roof of the school, their usual hangout, playing games on their phones until the class time came.

"Come on, I've made it!" John screamed with joy

"Beginner's luck," Seraphina said

"What is it? It's not that hard to admit you've lost, you know that?" John said

"John, this is the first time you've beaten me in all the games we've ever played. And every time you lost, you whined and offered to play again. Do you think you're in a position to say that?" Seraphina said

"I know, but this is the first time you've been beaten in a fair game. It looks like you've gotten used to living without your ability." John said

"I guess so. Speaking of which, John, how did you last so long without using your ability? The two months I spent were the hardest in my life. But you lived like this for 2 years." Seraphina asked

"15 years actually. I was a cripple until I was 14." John answered

'That's right, Claire said it, I forgot' thought Seraphina

"Well, Sera, it's your turn to answer. How did you regain your powers?" John asked

This was the last question Seraphina wanted to hear. Although she trusted John's confidence and strength, she didn't want to involve him in these matters. John had been through too much.

"I don't know either, actually, I woke up one morning and when I checked it out I found my ability was back." Seraphina lied

"And then you planned to meet me first thing," John said

Although John looked like he was having a lot of fun on the outside, he was still struggling inside. Because his trust in Seraphina was not as strong as before.

True, John had said things to Seraphina that were very hurtful and regrettable. But that didn't make up for what Seraphina was doing. John had known Seraphina for a long time and hadn't believed the lie she had just told that "when I woke up in the morning my powers were back". That's why he didn't say he was going to the tournament on Friday night. He used to consult with Seraphina before going there.

There must have been another reason behind Seraphina's return of her powers. But John didn't want to bother to find out. John just wanted to live the rest of his high school life without any hassle. Indeed, this wish would not come true.

"Anyway, John, I have to go to class. See you later." Seraphina said and left the roof.

"I'll take a walk around the schoolyard for a while. I have more to go to class, it might help me pass the time." John thought out loud and left the roof and went down to the schoolyard.

As soon as he landed in the schoolyard, everyone in the yard began to flee from John. John was used to this by now. So John decided to walk along the shores and corners so as not to disturb others.

He went behind the school to walk without disturbing anyone. But of course, there was someone there. As a classic, the strong crush the weak. John walked past them without noticing them. It was very clear that the two of them did not notice John, if they had, they would both have run away instantly.

After thinking about all he had been through, John sighed and continued walking. As he was walking, something touched his foot. Looking at the thing touching his foot, he realized that it was a phone with a pink protective case.

John picked up the phone, pressed the lock key, and saw a photo of Remi, Blyke, and Isen on the lock screen. All three were laughing.

'Pink case and this photo, this phone must belong to Remi. I'd better take the phone back to her.' John thought

But John didn't know where Remi was. So when John thought of places where he could find Remi, a place came to mind.

"I'll stop by the Safe House after school. I'll just go pick up the phone. As long as I don't cause trouble there, I guess nothing will happen." John thought out loud and put the phone in his pocket and kept walking.

Chapter 4 End

I hope you enjoy it

Until next time, cya