chapter 1 (incident)

(i don't own songs either. creds to proper owner.)

i am Jaren, or i was Jaren.

I've been born to be  8 years older than my half-brothers.

We are the sons of the Clien dukedom. Each of us different mothers... each of us had the same noctorious father. Duke of House Clien.

My Father...Darth Clien, is  known to be heartless to his children. Or so they thought.

...

"FATHER??!!" I screeched as the cliff collapsed with a wounded man. His unconscious body crumbling into the water below as the waves swallowed his pale hair..

I huffed as I glance down seeing no sight of him.

Today, mother and I were invited to a picnic with my other brothers and their mothers. It started out peaceful as I greeted my five-year-old brothers. I was turning thirteen this year. it was my first encounter with them.

The mothers were all on friendly terms and greeted each other like long time friends. But the cheerful atmosphere turned brutal when sudden men in black cloaks ambushed us. I was running with one of my brothers in my arm as mother ran behind me. The other mothers had sacrificed themselves to make time. Tears strolled down my mother's face as she gritted through the pain of her wounded leg.

"Jaren. Whatever you do? Keep running, okay?" my mother slowed and held my two brothers out towards me.

"mother? What-what are you doing?" I said as she shoved the boys into my grasp.

"go." She said softly, "GO NOW." She ordered,

"mother....?" I begin before I hear the rummaging of the men's footsteps.

"please..." I begged, "come back alive." I turned before tightening my grip on the kids and sprinted forward. Forcing my hesitation to turn 'back' down and heading far from there.

Damn it.

I came to a fast halt once I came into view of the edge of this cliff.

I turn my head. We were surrounded.

"remember, boss wants the three younger children. Kill the older looking one." One man said to the other.

"yes." They all said in sync.

I step back as I hear more steps come closer. They were about to lunge when suddenly, men in silver armor emerged and began fighting them back.

"you master. Please run." I hear a call from a suited man fighting with a long spear. He looked like a butler. But these people. I do not recognise.

But I still followed the man's plead and tried looking for an escape route. I began realising why these three in my arms were still not wakening in our current situation. It was quite loud.

Did someone put something in their meal or drink?

Swish.

A dagger slit my cheek as I barely manage to dodge.

Damn it.

I can't fight holding these three.

Slashed.

The man who lunged at me was killed from behind. His body slumped as a man with the same pale hair as us brothers appeared towering before us.

"hmm? You're still alive?" the man stated. His sword shaking blood everywhere.

"Duke Clien." An armored knight came towards his lord, handing him what seem to be a bag of unknown dust.

The lord, taking the bag, was my father.