Chapter 4 (???)

Hui flinched as Jaren turned and left.

Hui gave a frustrated sigh before turning to the portrait.

"must I burn it?" he whispered to himself. This really was the only and last portrait of Jaren.

Sliding a gloved hand over the painted canvas, hui released magic from the storing ring he wore.

The painting shrank as it was absorbed into the silver ring.

"I really can't bear to burn it." He told himself. As long as he was not caught by Jaren, the portrait will forever be safe in his hands.

Hui exited after Jaren. He turned and thought to fix the seal but remembered that lord Jaren wanted to handle it himself.

The butler disappeared never looking back.

The curtains by the window swished closed and darkness swept across the once battle ground of the duke.

Royce was the first to get up. Waiting a couple minutes before looking out to see the halls emptied.

He relieved a sigh and turn to his brothers who also came out of hiding.

Mark was going to begin discussing what they had heard but didn't know where to begin.

Royce just gave a sigh and suggest they leave immediately before they get caught.

Kane nodded already sneaking out the hidden room.

Royce followed after and mark went last, glancing at the now empty place where the portrait had been.

"that butler knows something..." was all he could assume.

After escaping back to their academy dorms...someone was seated on marks bed ready to confront the trio's sneak out.

"And where have you been?" miles immediately stopped all their movement causing Royce to trip from the window sill when he halted midway entering.

"how di- who gave him the key?" mark glared at his brothers. Royce immediately pointed at kane.

"h-he gave me a chance to go on a date with Margeret..." he knelt ready for the head bonk.

"You-..." Mark grunted at Kane.

"you didn't answer my question. Where did the oh-so worthy-duke-admired-sons run off to leaving me, the heir to the throne waiting for the tea time you promised?" a threatening smirk engraved the prince's face.

"uh haha...we forgot..." mark began but miles face immediately inched toward him.

"oh you ~forgot?~ just like how you forgot that night on the balco-"

"ahhhhhhh yesh... yes. YES! wait no...I mean what?" Mark aggressively before questioning what night the prince said.

"ugh never mind, you only forgot things when you're drunk...but right now I don't smell a scent of liquor." The prince eyes sharpened after mumbling the first half.

"..." the trio lips sealed under the interrogating gaze before Kane spoke a word,

"what happened on the bal-" he began before mark's 'Umma' mode activated and gave him his delayed hiding. His left gripping kane's sleeve and other palm whacking the shoulder.

"O-ouch" pain escaped Kane's lips.

Miles rose from the bed stopping the hiding.

He turned to kane before smirking, a deal popping in his head.

"I'll tell you if you tell me where you all were?" a smile appeared on his face, "I'll also hook you up with Lora?" he bribed,

"deal. We snuck into the family registry to find out about Melissa." Kane spilled,