2

The sky looked like it was burning. The clouds were grey but the sun light underneath was red.

During the car ride, I was thinking about how hard it could be to fly out of the atmosphere.

It's ok to feel this way, right?

The car stopped. Him and I were done having these huge fights, that usually ends up really badly. None of us know how to apologize; how to say sorry and when.

– If you could, at least, listen to me for a second! At least a second – I beg, full of anger.

– As if it could solve the problem. Do you know how many hours has passed since you start pushing my mind? Since you start with that conversation? You acting weird lately and it's getting worse.

– What are you trying to say? Just say it. I'm done.

– So am I, Alice! So am I! Can't you see this is hard for me too? – he raises his voice. The car is not moving, I guess we can't park here.

– Do you know what's hard? Do you?! It's hard to deal with you everyday, knowing you look at me, wishing I was gone forever. Do you know what hurts the most? Do you? It's having the feeling you want to call me insane. Call me right away, I dare you!

– You are not ready to have that talk.

– Oh, I swear I have never been so ready as I am now.

– Alice, stop pushing me. Stop pressuring me to say things you don't want to hear.

– Why are you acting so nice all of a sudden? Is it because of the talk your family and I had at the dining table, the other day? – I was really mad. – Now I'm looking like crazy while you play the victim.

– Enough! – he screams inside the car.

– I tell you when it's enough! – I yell back. – Besides, you don't decide when it's enough! I have things to say and I won't shut up for you to...

– I just want to drive us back home! Stop! I'm done with this talk.

– It ain't no longer my problem, Tom. You – I pointed him my finger – are tearing me apart. I wish I could... – And then I shut.

– What? Say it. You wish you could what?

– Nothing.

And then, I leave the car, hoping to arrive home safe without him.