8.

"Albedo?"
Keayas voice called out

A sigh of relief escapes me before I walk over to him.

"Keaya, do you need me?"
I ask

"No, I just saw you sprinting I was a bit worried"
Keaya said walking closer to me his face now in full view.

"Uhm it's nothing to worry about"
I say I knew he wouldn't buy it but couldn't think of a good enough excuse except maybe a midnight jog.

"Are you sure? Your eyes say otherwise"
Keaya spoke, he reached his hand out to my face running his callused thumb along my cheek.
I geuss my excuse was useless after all, the tears that still dotted my face made it hard to lie.

I couldn't reply, I didn't want to lie to him again just like had done the past week or so.
It's not like I could anyways, how do you even explain running away in tears without giving away the reason.

"Albedo you know you can always talk to me"
Keaya said I knew my silence only hurt him.

And yet I brushed his hand off my face and turned my eyes to the ground, not daring to look up at him.
Then I just walked away I couldn't do it not yet, I was to scared to tell him no matter how much I wanted to.

I could hear him calling out my name but I just blocked it out, I blocked out everything until I had shut the door of my apartment.

.

.

.

My tired eyes slowly awoke to the sound of knocking, sore from crying all night I sluggishly carry myself to the door.
I open it only to see keaya I had expected him, but still wasn't exactly pleased to see him.

"Albedo?"
Keaya said sheepishly

It took everything in me not to slam the door and pretend I didn't see him, but I powered through the feeling.

"Yes? Do you need coffee again"
I say hoping he'd just forgotten last night

"No, albedo don't pretend it didn't happen"
He said with a hint of frustration

"Keaya I'm not in the mood, just come back later"
I say before closing the door on his face and turning away, just wishing I could take last night back.

But keaya being himself, he didn't give up he just kept knocking and knocking until I opened up the door again.

"Albedo! Just tell me what's wrong so I can help you"
He says desperately

"You can't keaya you've only made it worse.."
I finally say

"What do you mean?"
His face shocked

"I- I shouldn't have said that"
I say more to myself

"Albedo? What did I do"
He asked his face more desperate

"You didn't do anything!.. it's my fault"
I finally admit to myself, letting go of the jealousy I had towards every woman he's ever flirted with.

I studied keayas face his confusion only made me feel worse, I had lied to him and hidden everything from him.
When all I wanted to do was blurt everything out to him.

And that's when it started again the first a small itch, then the unmistakable pain in my throat.
This time was worse like someone had taken a knife to my insides, I doubled over in pain falling to my knees I grasp at my throat praying that's it would just end.

Then the suffocating feeling I couldn't breathe, I couldn't see as tears clouded my vision.

I could feel keayas hand on my back, I had spent all this time hiding it.
But as the coughing began and the petals started to flutter to the ground.
I knew it then as I stared at my slight reflection in the pool of blood the flowers had created.

          .I was done hiding from him.