chapter 15 - flying

It seemed that soulmates were a big deal in every world

It seemed that soulmates were a big deal in every world. Most people lived happy lives with their soulmates, some wrote romance stories and others avoided their other half like the plague.

Elara never really cared, sure she had a pile of romance books, filled from wizard and witch soul mates to mafia bad boy soulmates that swept the love interest off their feet, but she never spent time truly obsessing over the idea.

She would meet her soulmate, see who they are and then go on from their. She would hopefully join the masses of happy couples, or perhaps the few that did not work, either way was out of her control and she accepted that.

Elara was different, she had powers that no one in the muggle or wizarding world matched. She knew that, she knew that witches and wizards usually weren't paired with muggles because they were more powerful.

So the conclusion that Elara's soulmate would be powerful was not a hard conclusion to come to. Perhaps a hero who saved the world like her father, certainly not the villain.

Although calling Aleksander a villain would be quite a compliment for the supposed 'Darkling', the man bolted out the banya to his mommy, running half naked across the palace grounds and had been avoiding her since.

Every time the two were in a room all he would do was stare at her, mixed with an occasional pained face, it was the most entertaining week of Elara's life. Honestly the grisha seemed to be lacking some series observational skills if they couldn't even see the look of pure pain and disgust that their general had on his face every time Elara walked into a room.

Oh and his thoughts made everything ten times better, honestly it was the first time Elara was overjoyed with her fathers relentless teaching skills in legilimency. Everything from observing Elara's ass and wanting to fuck her up the wall in the war room to cursing her into the fold.

She had let him stew it over to long, it was time to start the second planning in 'annoying and flirting with darkle sparkle until he either breaks down or we fuck in that dark room of his, cause I just know he is into some stuff' plan.

Naming things was never Elara's strong point.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

"Elara you can't jump off the Little Palace just to see if the squallars will be able to catch you"

"Well when you put it like that it sounds stupid. Feydor you said you needed someone to test the squallars ability on, and I said ok"

"Yes, but we don't need our only celestial summoner, who is our only hope of destroying the fold to die because she was too heavy for the squallars in training"

"Are you calling me fat? Besides I was literally the best chaser at my school, you should consider yourself lucky that I am blessing you with my quidditch godliness"

"One, I am not calling you fat and two, what the saints is quidditch?"

"Oh my dear friend you have so much to learn"

That was the exact conversation that led to Elara on a broom, flying around the Little Palace. And giving the few willing and brave grisha a flying tutorial. 

And the training squallar's were indeed not strong enough to catch Elara, but her broom was. 

Sure there was the occasionally broken bone and maid cursing 'that damned witch, should be burned on the stake', but an overall productive week. Now she just needed to start putting her plan in place.

And find a way into bribing the Darkling into building a quidditch pitch, Elara could see some series potential.