Writing Letters

The girl lay down on on her bed. Her face was stained with tears. It felt like there was a hole in her chest, an ache that would never go away. She knew that nothing would be able to ease her pain.

He was dead.

Their family, now shattered beyond repair.

His promise of love and care, broken by hate and greed.

She still loved him. It didn't seem to matter to her heart that he was dead. It didn't matter that he betrayed her. It didn't matter that he had hurt her. She was still head over heels in love with him. She had been since she saw him.

So why did he have to leave her?

In her fustration, she punched the wall. She gasped at the sudden shock of pain that vibrated through her hand and her arm. She held it to her chest and started to weep. Not for the pain, but for her loss.

She was broken, and she needed mending. There was only one thing that could fix her though, and he was gone. But maybe...

Maybe if she pretended he wasn't, she could stop crying.

Maybe if she pretended that she'd see him soon, she could cope.

Maybe if she pretended that he was coming back soon, she could fix herself.

She didn't want to forget him, just her pain. So the girl took out a pen and a piece of paper and words formed as the pen moved across the paper. She knew these letters would never reach him, but each one made her feel closer to him. Tears fell onto the paper, causing it to be splotchy. As she wrote, Thalia felt the hole in her chest begin to heal.

Dear Luke,