Tortuga

When I came home it was already getting lighter outside. The sun was rising again. I walked towards the blacksmith and I was really hoping that Will would be there, ofcourse he wasn't.

'Will, where are you?' I said to myself as I exited the workplace. I was starting to worry about where Will could be, even if he was still alive. Maybe he was murdered by one of the pirates yesterday. The image of the skeleton hand kept hunting me, although it didn't scare me as much as I thought it would.

By the time I got to the center of the town it was day again and I saw that the town was in pieces. There were bodies lying everywhere and a lot of people were crying and cleaning up the streets.

And that's when I saw him. My brother was laying on the ground, unconsious. I ran towards him and yelled: 'Will! Please tell me you're alive!' Will opened his eyes and looked at me. 'Thank goodness, Will. You scared me. For a second I thought you were dead.' Meanwhile a bunch of chickens was running around us. 'Ofcourse I'm not.' Will said. 'Will, I need to tell you something.' 'What is it?' He stood up. 'It's about Elizabeth. I was with her last night when the pirates attacked Port Royal. We tried to hide and they didn't find me, but they followed Elizabeth downstairs. I waited for the pirates to exit and when I made it downstairs, I couldn't find Elizabeth, Will, I'm so sorry.' I said and I realised how sad it made me that my best friend was probably taken by skeleton pirates. Maybe she was dead by now... I decided not to think about that. 'You mean that Elizabeth is probably on their ship?' Will said and he sounded very concerned. 'I think so.' I said.

Will looked towards the bay in front of us, which was filled with burning ships. 'We need to do something!' Before I could say anything about Jack Sparrow and how I thought he could help us, Will was running towards the building in the fort where Norrington and his men were. I ran after him.

'They've taken her. They've taken Elizabeth!' He said to Norrington and his men when he entered the fort. 'Mr. Murtogg, remove this man.' Norrington said without even looking up from his map. 'But it's true!' I said, standing next to my brother and backing him up. The right guard who I saw yesterday on the ship tried to grab Will and pull him away, apparently his name was Murtogg. 'We have to hunt them down. We must save her.' Will said desperately. I hadn't noticed Governor Swann until he said something. 'And where do you propose we start? If you have any information concerning my daughter, please share it.' The 'please' didn't sound very welcoming, but I could understand what Governor Swann was going through. Mr. Murtogg said something unexpected: 'That Jack Sparrow. He talked about the Black Pearl.' 'Mentioned it is more what he did.' The left guard was present too. 'Ask him where it is. Make a deal with him. He could lead us to it.' My brother really spoke my mind there. Although, I didn't think that Norrington appreciated his idea, because he sighed and answered with: 'No. The pirates who invaded this fort left Sparrow locked in his cell. Ergo, they are not his allies.' Will looked down at his feet, disappointed. 'Governor, we will establish their most likely course-' I startled when suddenly Will slammed an axe into the map on the table. 'That's not good enough!' He yelled at Commodore Norrington. 'Mr. Turner, you are not a military man, you are not a sailor.' Norrington walked towards Will and gazed upon him. 'You are a blacksmith, and this is not the moment for rash actions!' Norrington grabbed Will by his sleeve and walked to the side of the building. 'Do not make the mistake of thinking you are the only man here who cares for Elizabeth.' Norrington said.

'Come on, Will. There's nothing here for us.' I said to my brother and he nodded. We walked outside the building on the streets again. 'It's hopeless.' Will said and looked at me sad. 'It's not hopeless. I know someone who can help us.' 'You mean Jack Sparrow?' 'Yes,' I said, 'Come on, let's go.' I grabbed his hand and took him to the building where Jack was held prisoner.

We walked downstairs and when we entered the prisoncells, Jack was laying on his back in his cell. 'Jack, we're here.' I said and Jack looked up. Will looked at me as if he were to ask a question, but he quickly turned his head towards Jack and walked towards the iron bars. 'You. Sparrow. You are familiar with that ship the Black Pearl?' He asked. 'I've heard of it. Did your sister tell you?' He said, looking at the ceiling of his cell. Will raised an eyebrow. 'Where does it make berth?' 'Where does it make berth?' Jack repeated the question out of surprise. 'Have you not heard the stories?' Jack sighed and layed his head down again, telling the story: 'Captain Barbossa and his crew of miscreants sail from the dreaded Isla de Muerta. It's an island that can not be found except by those who already know where it is.' He pointed with his finger in the air. 'The ship's real enough. Therefore its anchorage must be a real place. Where is it?' Will said. 'Why ask me?' Sparrow said, looking a bit bored of us. 'Because you're a pirate.' Will asked. 'That's what I thought.' I said confidently. 'And you two want to turn pirates yourself. Is that it?' Will grabbed the iron bars with anger. I knew he hated pirates, though I wasn't so sure what I thought of them. The pirates from yesterday were really scary, but a pirate as Jack Sparrow I found rather amusing and exciting. 'Never!' Will said, answering the question that Jack asked us. I stayed quiet.