(•4•)

Once Gon awoke he was greeted by Ren shaking him. Opening his eyes the bright sun shined on his face and he squinted. As his eyes adjusted he smiled at a grinning Ren.

"Come on Gon! The village is having breakfast today!" Ren squealed, "It's been forever since we've done this! It must be a special occasion!"

Gon yawned, "Ok, ok. I'm coming."

Ren took Gon's hand and dragged him out of the house. "Come on! Come on!" Ren said

Gon then saw the whole village sitting down on blankets like a large picnic. Everyone was chatting and eating in the bright sun. Ren brought Gon to where his mother was sitting.

"Mommy made sandwiches!" Ren smiled, "They have eggs, bacon, lettuce, and um, meat? Oh and cheese!"

Gon smiled at Ren's cuteness. Looking over at Ren's mom she kept constantly looking over her shoulder. Gon decided to speak up, "Um, is everything alright?"

Ren's mother looked back at Gon quickly, "O-Oh! Yes! Everything is alright!"

Gon laughed suspiciously as he bit into a sandwich. Gon's face scrunched up as he spits out the food. Gon looked up at Ren's mom and apologized, "I'm so sorry! But I think something went bad."

Ren's mother laughed slowly as she took Gon's sandwich, "Oh! Sorry, dear! Here have another one!"

Gon took the sandwich and bit into it. This time it didn't have the weird metallic taste to it. Gon smiled as he swallowed, "This one tastes so much better!"

Gon didn't know if he was seeing it correctly but he thoroughly saw Ren's mom gritting her teeth. Just then an old couple walked up the Gon. "Oh hello! You must be the foreigner visiting town," The old woman said

Gon looked up at them, "Yes! Your village is very beautiful."

The old man spoke making Gon realize they were the ones Ren's mom was talking to last night. "It's great to see that you're enjoying your stay here!" The old man smiled, "This is my wife Yuki, and I'm Kai. We're the chiefs of the village."

Gon smiled sheepishly, "Oh, well it's very good to meet you, I'm Gon."

The old woman smiled, "Well, it's great to meet you Gon. What brought you here to our small village?"

"Well, I'm searching for my father. I decided to start here," Gon replied

"Ah! Interesting! An adventurer!" The old woman exclaimed, "When do you think you're leaving?"

"Oh! I was planning to leave right after this!" Gon said

The woman's face turned into a frown, "Really? Why don't you stay another night?"

Gon shook his head, "I really shouldn't. Besides I don't want to intrude."

Ren's mother spoke up quickly, "N-No! You wouldn't be intruding at all! Besides, you came all this way!"

"Yes! You should stay!" The old man added

Gon shook his head again feeling uncomfortable by the atmosphere, "N-No! I should really-."

Ren tugged on Gon's shirt, "You don't have to stay, but please just stay a little bit longer. I want to play with you."

Gon's heart melted, "Ah, alright. I guess I can stay an hour or two before I leave."

Ren smiled, "Yay!" Ren got up and extended his hand, "Come on Gon! Let's play!"

Gon took his hand and ran off with him into the forest. Ren's mother turned to the old couple, "C-Chief! I'm sorry but he-!"