Punctual

She jumped from roof to roof, slinking through the dark alleys, as graceful as a cat. That night was moonless, because clouds covered the sky. A single lamp shone weakly onto the ground. There was a dark shape leaning against the lamp.

She leaped from a balcony, landing on all fours silently behind the dark shape. She crept up on him.

"Boo." She whispered in his ear.

He jumped. "Hey! what was that for!?" His voice had the same unrecognizable thick accent as hers.

She smirked. "Seems like your hearing still sucks."

"Ugh." He groaned. "Always like that, younger sisters."

She giggled. "You always say that!" She poked him.

"Yes, and now we have to get back to being serious. It's time." He said.

Her face snapped back to its original seriousness. "Alright, then."

Together, they stepped out of the lamp light, and slunk off into the darkness again.

----

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the city, a stick between a orange she-cat's jaws broke, as three newborn kits came out. A orange tom licked her.

The she-cat licked her kits. "They are so beautiful..." She said, weakly.

The white tom in the litter mewed.

"Wait... That kit only has one eye!" The tom exclaimed.

"Who cares, he's still my kit, and I love him, one eye or not." The she cat replied calmly.

"Oh look, that she-kit looks like her father!" One of the cats around the she-cat exclaimed.

The orange tom chuckled "I guess so. I hope she's like me when she grows up."

Suddenly, the she cat choked. "H-help!" She weakly yowled. The tom saw what was happening. She was choking on her own blood. The tom ran off to call the healer. He didn't know what to do. But when he came back with the healer, he was too late. She was dead.

"N-no..." The tom moaned.

"Alder, wake up! These kits need somebody to take care of them! We have to get them to a fertile queen or else Flare's only living descendants will be in the stars with her too."

The healer quickly woke up Blizzard, a young queen who lost her kits to a miscarriage. She still has milk, and could take care of these kits. "Blizzard," The healer said. "You have to be their mother now."

//Hi guys, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter! This is the prologue, and the next chapter will be coming soon, so follow me and vote on this for more!