[Chapter 2: Dating Sim]

Click click, shuffle.... ClAcK

The lemon looking monster tapped and prodded at a computer, sitting in his position of Lila's basement. Skid and Pump had trotted in a couple of times, to grab a item or to see how he was doing. Lila had came in at some point to help him with the computer and to take some of his stash to cook it for him, in which he appreciated Lila for doing.
          He messed with the tower for a second before attempting to turn it on, which it was not that hard as it sputtered to life unexpectedly after a minute or two.
Monster stared at the screen, a pink and soft color scheme pulling up onto the screen. ".....ew" Monster made a disgruntled look, turning the brightness down a little.
          The screen panned a pixel of a flustered school kid with strawberry blonde hair onto the screen, animatedly holding a letter with a heart on it. 'Dating Simulator' flashed onto the screen, along with pixels appear one by one to form a enter sign. Monster poked the enter key and the screen faded into a black gradient.

"Doesn't seem that bad so far...."

          Just as he said that, scrambled words flashed onto screen reading "H̶̕E͜l̢p̢ ͏ ͢͟ ͟͏ ̶̡͠ ̕҉ ̸̧̛ ҉҉͠f̡͞i̸r̴͏s̀̕͠t ͝҉̷w̶eE͏k͡͠-̢͡ ̵f̸̨͜r̵e͢͠͝e͏ṕ̀͢lay ̵ ͜͜ ̡͜ ̛͏̡ư҉́ņĺo̵̴C͠k ͏̨́ ̴̴́ E͢͟͠d", quickly disappearing after to show a small loading screen.
          Monster deadpanned, sighing quickly "I knew it wasn't going to be that easy..."
Monster hummed and peered at the new screen, which was the character customization screen.... It was female only. He sighed again, groaning as he pulled up a screen to mod the code. The female base turned into the original selection screen, he moved the mouse to select the male option.
He gave a smile and edited the character with the options, making it similar to a human counterpart of himself.
Monster hummed, pulling the code up again to have the narration swap between its pronouns. He grinned again and pressed play, the screen closing with tree silhouette.

The screen lit up again, showing the avatar hurriedly getting ready for school and running out of the door, unfortunately it wasn't well animated. The avatar calmed down when hitting the campus, seeing that it was early. The avatar walked with other students, a text box appearing of the student's other conversations.
It seemed okay until, the text box began to to go faster as the noise of the students got excited and a glitching silhouette appeared on screen, resembling the character in the title screen.
The avatar was described to have bumped into the figure, a squeak coming from the person.
"Oh my-! I do apologize- are you okay...?" The figure cleared up, revealing the strawberry blonde from the title screen. Monster sighed slightly, picking one of the options. "I'm good, it was my fault for bumping into you.." the avatar replied to the blonde.
"A-alright then!... are you new? I haven't seen you around before" The text box as the character spoke glitched, the character showing an expression of nervousness and fear. Monster stared at the camera on the computer, writing on a sticky note and showing it to the camera.
The character glitched again, showing relief before going back to the sprite he was in. Monster hummed softly, replying to the question.
"Yea.. I am new, I just came from ___." The location glitched out, not a surprise. The character perked up, a happy expression on his face "How bout I show you around?".
Monster looked at the options and picked the sure option. "great!! I'll show you around the school!! My name's Senpai, I'm one of the head students in the school council" Senpai bounced on the screen, a excited look on his face.
           "I'm gonna get tired of this quickly..." Monster groaned, letting the cutscene cycle through.
"This shit is long as hell.." He groaned and got up, trotting over to the freezer and ripping the leg of a body in it. "Might as well make some damn food..."
Monster grumbled and placed the leg on a cutting board and began to cut it.
Monster then began to literally cook it as the cutscene was still playing, He groaned as he noticed he didn't have the right seasoning and went upstairs.
"Hey Lila, just grabbing some onion and ghost pepper seasoning" Lila hummed in acknowledgment as Monster trotted to the kitchen and back to the kitchen. He placed some of the seasoning on the leg and lightly tossed the leg onto his grill in the basement.

The cutscene was still going.

The.
Cutscene.
Was still.
FUCKING GOING.

          Oh look a barbecue chicken leg but it's a human leg. Anyways, as Monster was ripping and tearing at the legs thigh, The cutscene continued with a glitch in the corner of Senpai with a mortified and confused expression.
           Monster stared at screen, meeting the sprite's gaze.
         A minute of prolonged eye contact past when the cutscene ended and the sprite disappeared. Monster sighed and sat right in front of the computer, eating his leg and continued the game.

___________________________________
Words: 845

Ssorry for the wwait, I got llazy 🤩

Words with a/n: 857
___________________________________