2. Advice from friends

Carmen couldn't contain her excitement

Carmen couldn't contain her excitement. Gray- HER Gray- was alive! Not only that, he'd asked her out!! On an actual date! Suddenly her smile turned into a frown. Gray had asked out. On an actual date. She'd never been on a date before!! She had no clue how to act!!

Focus, Carmen! She shoved her insecurities aside, focusing on the problem at hand. If she was going to stay in Sydney, she needed somewhere to sleep. She looked up hotels nearby and decided to check into the Shangri-La Sydney hotel.

She entered the building, eyes rounding in awe. The main plaza was a ginormous room with slick marble flooring and practically dripping with gold embellishments. A chandelier with a thousand various crystal shards spiraled out from the center spawned from the ceiling. The entire area was lit up in a classy vintage esque lighting, and everything looked expensive.

Carmen approached the front desk, where a man with red hair that reminded her a bit of Zack was standing. He was wearing a classy outfit that matched the other staff members, a little bow tie around his neck to complete the look. She read his name tag in her head. Isaac Arden.

"Hi,...Uh...Isaac!" She chirped, giving him a bright, red lipped smile. "I'd like a room for one, please."

The red haired man nodded his head, beginning to type into his computer. "Coming right up, ma'am. What suite would you like?"

"The deluxe Harbour Bridge room."

"So what brings you to Sydney?" He asked whilst typing away.

"It's obvious I'm a tourist, huh?" She smile sheepishly.

Isaac returned the expression, laughing. "Well...yes, but to be fair, your accent was what gave it away."

"Oh yeah." Carmen grinned. "Well, ro answer your question, I'm visiting a friend."

"Must be one special friend for you to come all this way." Isaac said knowingly.

The Latina blushed. "Something like that."

She paid quickly using her credit card. Carmen didn't really have a job at the moment, so most of her money came from savings she kept during her days of galavanting around the world as La Femme Rouge. She did work as a history teacher at her mother's orphanage back in Argentina...but that didn't really count considering she didn't get paid.

"And..." Isaac began again, his tongue poking out between his teeth. "...what name will the room be going under?"

"Carmen Wolfe, thank you."

Isaac smiled, bending down and opening a drawer to retrieve a set of card from a stack identical to it. "Here you go, ma'am, And on behalf of all the employees of Shangri-La, I hope you enjoy your stay. If you have any problems, feel free to call the front desk any time."

"I will, thanks." Carmen smiled before going up to her room, which was on the 28th floor. A brown skinned woman with dreadlocks stood next to her. She was in a figure hugging cream dress and a fur coat, and Carmen felt severely underdressed standing next to her in just jeans and a hoodie.