Mess of Dares

// These sections will be throughout the year! || (Draco's POV) \\

(Beginning of the year)

"Draco, truth or dare," Pansy whispered, leaning over her desk in Transfiguration. "Dare," I mumbled as I took my notes carefully. "I dare you to knock your ink off," she whispered, and I turned to glare at her. "I hate you," I mumbled, pushing it off the edge of my desk, and people turned around to see what the noise was. "Are you okay, Draco?" McGonagall asked as I stood up. "Y-Yeah, I accidentally hit my ink off," I said, and she smiled slightly, cleaning up the shattered jar of ink with her wand. She gave me a new ink, and I thanked her quietly.

I sat back down and slouched in my seat as I went back to writing. Pansy was laughing her ass off behind me, trying to stop her snorts.

-=+=-

"Blaise, truth or dare?" I asked, leaning against him on the chair Blaze was sat in. "Dare," He said, looking up from his book, and I hummed, "you see those Slytherins? Go bump into one of the girls and romantically catch her," I said, and he glared, getting up as he marked his book. Casually walking away, bumping into the one with her back turned and catching her before she fell, looking into her eyes with a smirk. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you," He said, and she started blushing, nodding slowly.

He helped her stand back up before walking back to me, punching my arm as I laughed at him. "Loser," I said through the laughs.

-=+=-

"Draco, truth or dare?" Blaise said, leaning over in his chair as we sat in the library. "Dare," I said, flipping the page in my textbook and writing down the highlighted stuff. "I dare you to go ask Harry Potter to the Yule Ball," He said with a massive smirk. "Are you crazy?" I said in a loud whisper, and he smirked evilly. "Dare is a dare," He hummed as I stood up. "I will forever hate you for this," I told him, and he smiled as I walked away to Harry, who was pulling books off the shelf, looking through them before putting them back frustratingly.

"Harry," I said, stopping behind him, and he turned around. "Hey," he said, confused to see me. "Uhm, I know you're dating Cedric and stuff, but I was wondering if we- uh if you could be my Yule Ball date?" I said awkwardly, and he covered his mouth before laughing. "I'm so sorry- I didn't mean to laugh like that," he said quickly, and I glared at him. "Are you serious?" "Yep," I said, and he smiled. "You know what, sure, I'll be your date," he said, and I was just as shocked as he was before.

"Wait, really?" "Yep, I'm wearing black and white so, match me," He said, winking as he grabbed the book and started to walk away "see you on Christmas Eve," He said as he left, and I smiled, shaking my head. I went back to Blaise, and he seemed shocked, "I guess I have a date," I said, smiling a bit, and he shook his head in disbelief.

-=+=-

"Pansy, truth or dare," i said behind her as she fixed her hair. "Dare," she said, and i smirked. "I dare you to go over and sit on Blaise's lap and not say anything about it," i told her, and she turned with her face red.

Blaise was sat in the common room, talking to his defense against the dark arts partners. She walked over silently, sitting on his legs, and he didn't even look at her. He just moved his arms, putting a hand on her waist, and she put her feet up to get 'comfortable,' and she was blushing so hard.

"I didn't expect that," i hummed as she looked at me, so confused how he just accepted it. "Blaise, this was a dare by the way," she said as i walked over, and he nodded "i know, you'd never just come and sit on me," he said, and i laughed "well, now ill just do it randomly" she huffed, sliding off his legs.

-=+=-

I fixed my suit and hair, flattening my suit against my chest, and sighed. I was so nervous for no reason, Harry was dating Cedric, and we were going as classmates. He couldn't go with Cedric because they were both champions; he's taking Cho Chang, so I don't care that he's going with me. I will let him have the best night, and I'm not letting Cedric be a dick towards him.

I headed out of the dorms, up to the hall where people stood out, and some already walked into the great hall. Harry stood at the end of the stairs with a black suit and white undershirt. His hair was messy, but what did you expect from Harry.

I smiled slightly. "You look good," I complimented the brunette as I took the spot next to him, and he looked up, smiling too. "I tried. You look incredible, though," He said back, looking at my all-black suit. "Merry Christmas," I said as I held my arm out for him because I was leading, and he lightly took it. "Merry Christmas to you too," He said as we got in line behind the other champions.

"I don't know how to dance," he whispered, and I rolled my eyes. "It's a little late for you to tell me that, idiot," I whispered back, and he shrugged, the music began, and we started entering. Stopping in the middle. "I'm leading, so just follow me," I whispered, putting his hand on my shoulder and holding his other as I placed a hand on his hip. 

We waltzed in the middle of the room. Once it was part where I had to pick him up, he put both of his hands on my shoulders as I grabbed his waist, lifting him as I turned, putting him back down, and continuing the pattern we were doing as the teachers began to join the floor, including a few students. 

"You're so light," I mumbled, holding his waist as I lifted him again, and he glared, switching hands as we waltzed. "Shut up," he mumbled quietly, and I smirked. 

After everyone finished the Champion dance, we bowed before the others joined the floor, dancing to the upbeat music. "Come get a butterbeer with me," Harry said, dragging me to the table full of drinks, and we took one each, going to sit at the tables, so we didn't get bumped into. "I almost stepped on your feet like 4 times" "I would have dropped you," I said, and he elbowed me a bit, and I laughed. 

Once we finished our drinks, it was a slow song, so we walked over. "May I have this dance?" I asked, holding my hand out for him, and Harry smiled. "You may," he hummed happily, taking my hand, and I moved his hands over my shoulders which he caught onto and pulled himself closer to me as I put my arms around his waist. "Slow, no need to step so fast," I whispered as we moved to the music, and he smiled a bit, nodding. 

He leaned his head against my forehead- well, a bit lower because he's short. I felt all warm inside as I slowly swayed with him. "You know," I said quietly, as he moved his head to my shoulder and hummed. "I'm surprised I haven't been knocked unconscious by your protective boyfriend," I mumbled, and he shrugged. "Me too, but he seems to be entertained by the line of girls asking him to dance," he mumbled, and I put my hand on the small of his back to slowly rub.

"I'll probably get the backlash tomorrow," he said, leaning back to look me in the eyes, and I shook my head. "You shouldn't just accept that," I told him, and he sighed, looking away towards Cedric, basically mouth to mouth with Cho Chang as they slow danced. "Too close for my liking," I mumbled, making him look back at me. 

"And we aren't?" He said. That was true. We were quite close. What else do you expect when slow dancing? "Does it make you uncomfortable?" I asked, and he rolled his eyes "stop being such a gentleman, I'm fine with it," He said, and I pulled back more, squinting at him.

"What do you mean fine with it? If it makes you uncomfortable, then tell me-" "Will you just.." He said, pressing a finger to my lips, and I glared. "shut up, okay?" he finished his sentence, and I smiled. "Twat" I said softly, and we went back to the slow dancing.

-=+=-

The great hall was starting to empty as we, the majority, finished dancing. "Want me to walk you back to your dorm?" I asked as we left the hall. A few scattered people in the halls were up against each other, and professors caught students doing the dirty in the carriages. 

"I'd love that," He said with a tired smile, and he held my arm as we walked up the stairs. "I had a lot of fun tonight," He told me, looking away. "I'm glad I was able to make that happen," I said back, stopping at the top of the stairs where his portrait was. "I hope you have a good night, Harry," I told him, gently tapping his arm, and he smiled. "You too, Draco," He said quietly before going into his dorm as I walked back down with a warm feeling in my chest.