Francis squealed. He's my makeup artist, and he is damn good at what he does.

"Ugh, this is perfect you look amazing," he exclaimed.
" I'm impressed as always, Francis," I respond.

He knows exactly what I love. A natural yet dramatic look, perfect for the red carpet. He knows I hate red lipstick and intense winged liner. I tried red lipstick once when I was 12 because I liked Taylor Swift, I quickly realized that is was definitely not for me.

I trail out to my bedroom, where the stylists are making a few last minute touch-ups to my outfit. It's a pansuit. I love it. Black pleated pants with a black suit jacket that had one button in the front.

There was no undershirt, so I was pretty much praying that nothing popped out. 

"Camden, it's 6:00! We need to leave now!" Rosalie yells from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming, hold on!"

I slowly step down the staircase, careful not to trip over my own feet. I love high heels, but my God are they difficult to walk in. I was not blessed with stability.

~ ~ ~ ~

We pull up to the venue and I can see the flashing lights and mass amounts of people. I shake out my hands to ease the panic I begin to feel, my bracelets clinked with every motion. It is extremely intimidating, red carpets and events like this remind me of the first day of school. Nerves running ramped and the fear of being judged is mind numbing.

It is all about the impression you make, one wrong move and you are a cover story for months. 

As the car pulls to a stop, I wait for my driver to come to open the door for me. Normally I would just open It myself, but apparently it's frowned upon in a setting like this - or at least that's what I was told in media training.

The door swings open and the once muffled sounds of bustling people is in full effect. I step onto the concrete pulling myself up out of the car. Immediately all eyes are on me - or at least a dozen. I gulped back the anxiety growing in my throat, and put on that show-stopping smile.

I begin walking, feeling Rosalie trail behind me. She comes to all of these events with me since it helps ease my nerves. Of course though, she mustn't be too close. 

Dumb rule if you ask me.

I walked the red carpet, posing for pictures, signing a few autographs, and interviewing with reporters. I started into the venue, seeing many celebrities and greeting friends, and friends of friends. Probably a good time to mention that this 'event' is the teen choice awards. I was nominated for 2 awards, actress of the year and best performance. I'm honored but not expecting to win. The other nominees are phenomenal. 

I'm a social butterfly. I love people. Events like these do put me on edge but in a good way.

"Camden, it's so good to see you!" I look to my right and see my previous co-star Isabelle Alatrash. Her white hijab flowed seamlessly into her dress, which was spotted with dazzling jewels. Her bright hazel eyes stood out amongst her tanned skin. She was beautiful and talented; she is also the reason I didn't lose my mind when I began my first movie. Isabelle taught me everything I needed to know. I seriously don't know what I would do without her.

If I win an award tonight she is definitely going to be in my acceptance speech. Mental note.

"It's good to see you too!" I exclaimed. For the first time tonight, I meant it. She's one of the only genuine people here in Hollywood.

"Congratulations on your nominations, I'm so proud"

"Thank you Izz, congrats on your nominations as well! I'm rooting for you"

She smiled and slouched towards me, and just as quickly as she let herself go she regained her composure. Media training rule number 273682; never be too comfortable, there are always eyes on you. 

She gestured to a group just a few feet away, pulling me along.

"Let me introduce you to a few of my friends," she said, trailing away towards the group of strangers. I quickly followed behind her, matching her pace. 

"This is Paula, Tristan, Ghana, and Vanessa," She said, motioning to the group of people standing before me.

"Hi, I'm Camden, so nice to meet you all." 

I know who these people are, and for a second I had a moment of weakness fangirling over the incredible actors in front of me. They were good, like, really good. I'm talking Leonardo Dicaprio's children type of good. 

If that doesn't convince, I don't know what would.

Isabella sighed," Brooks"

"Brooks," she slightly raised her voice

"Brooks!"

"What?" A voice boomed.

I quickly found the source of the low vocal chords.

He turned around slowly, swiveling on one foot. Smooth. He was dressed in a crisp, black tuxedo that displayed his broad shoulders and built arms. His hands rested on the opening of his suit, flattening out the wrinkles that were made. Brooks Lancer. I know who he is, but who doesn't? He is extremely famous, has acted in blockbuster films, and is the youngest actor to have won as many awards as he has. 

He isn't too hard on the eyes either...

"This is my friend Camden Cort," Izz introduced us. 

"It's nice to meet you," I say leaning forward. I quickly adjusted. Keep your composure, Camden. 

I looked up into his eyes, they were dark and scanned across my face slowly. He pursed his lips and furrowed his brow in.. concentration? curiosity? I'm not quite sure. He nodded and naturally, I turned away, joining the group in their conversation about termites. Yes, termites. Apparently Vanessa is having issues with them at her home. I would just move out. I don't do well with bugs. 

And do not get me started on spiders. That is the devils work.

As the conversation continues, I am trying to pay attention to what Izz is saying, something about a trip to Bali, but I can't quite shake the feeling of Brooks eyes on me, following my every move.

I don't dare make eye contact. Usually, I would because, well, I want to assert my dominance. If you catch someone staring you stare back, until of course, they back down - because after that it would just be creepy. But this is an exception; his power looms over the room, and I can almost smell the intimidation.

Have I gone insane? Abandoning all my feminism and women empowerment just to cower like this? To a man? Embarrassing.

Yup. I have come to the conclusion that I have completely lost it.

"Testing 1, 2, 3" booms a feminine voice.

And that's our cue to find our respective seating.

Let the show begin.