Chapter 2

The next day I was going about my business when not only did an idea strike me at the most inappropriate moment, but also at the most inconvenient. Sometimes that's how great ideas go though, so I can't complain . . . too much about it.

    What if Harry went back?

    While it was interesting I couldn't really ponder on the thought. I was in the middle of a conversation and while the minutes ticked away they felt like hours as all I wanted to do was rush back to my study to continue what I like to think of one of my best pieces of work to date. Even more so than the entire Robert Galbraith . . . let's call it a unfortunate incident. The way my old lawyers wife's lips opened at the prospect of such gossip while out for dinner with her and her friends made me upset to this day, I had been looking forward to that moment for close to five years, and in an instant it was taken away from me like a light switch turning off.

    After dinner with my friends I quickly got into the car that was waiting for me outside and went over the notes that I hastily transcribed onto my phone in between servings and bathroom breaks that weren't really needed and blamed on because of the red wine (let me be real for a second though, when great ideas hit you always stop at one).