Chapter 75

I walk around the club schmoozing the room with Harry. I can't remember half the names of the people he's introduced me to. There's a lot of hand shaking and polite laughter. Me saying "thank you" when they heap praises on me for my dancing. A lot of questions are asked about where my partner is and I shrug but smile mischievously as if I know exactly where he is. It's all part of the scenario we've concocted and I can already see people intrigued and wanting to know more.

I love and hate it. Harry and I agreed to keep our relationship hidden from the clients as a way to drum up more curiosity for Adrian and I. I've had to listen to everyone ask about me and my dancing partner and pretend it's a possibility. I've also spent thirty minutes walking around with Harry without having his hands on me. It's been torture.

The only thing lessening the pain is that I know it's killing him too. I've watched him stretch his hand, clenching and unclenching his fist like a nervous tic when the question of Adrian and I being a couple is brought up. Several times I've looked at him and caught his eyes and the swirling green is nearly blotted out by his dark pupils. If his eyes could own me, I would surrender the deed. Completely and fully give myself to him because I know explicitly the care and attention he would give me. He would meet needs that I didn't even know I wanted fulfilled.

As we walk away from the last group, he holds his elbow out to me with his hand to his stomach. I smirk at him before grabbing on, and he escorts me to the back hallway. I think he's going to take me the staff room but as soon as he we're out of sight of the guests, he bends at the waist and throws me over his shoulder. I giggle at his antics as we walk towards his office, but then I stop laughing as his hand slides up my bare legs and under the edge of my dress to squeeze my ass.

Before I have time to react properly, I'm being placed on his desk. He kicks the door shut behind him and his mouth is on mine instantly. It's exactly what I expected it to be. Unbridled. No longer any constraints holding us back. Nothing could stop this moment that we've been building up to. And I don't want anyone to. I want him right here.

"Lock the door," I say the words into his mouth because I can't get his wild lips off mine.

"Here?" he asks for clarity.

"Now," I say, with urgency.

He doesn't need to be told again, rushing to the door to lock it and then taking predatory steps back towards me with this trademark mischievous grin on his face, like he's pleased with himself for corrupting me enough to want this to happen in his office.

When he gets close, I lift my heeled leg up and place it on his chest as I lean back on his desk.

"Off," I command, lowering my eyes to his clothes and then back up again to his eyes. Watching him bite his lip as he undoes his belt buckle might just finish me off, until he drops his pants and I see that he isn't wearing any underwear. I take a long, gluttonous look and it's a turn-on to see that he is already ready for me.

He steps forward again and this time it's my heeled shoe going into his bare chest. He doesn't even flinch and instead drags the point of the heel down his stomach, leaving a red line, hitches it over his waist and then stands between my spread legs.

"I left a mark," I purr out, running my finger down it.

"It's the marks you can't see that affect me the most," he leans down to kiss my neck. "Songs I'll never be able to listen to without thinking of you dancing to them. Driving in my car without you feels lonely. My apartment has marks of you all over it. My bed. My couch. My shower. My hallway," he says each of those locations with a kiss between each. "And dancing with anyone but you would be like dancing with a ghost, haunting me each step."