Chapter 27

Zayn sighs softly, as Harry leaves his side again. They all relocated from the hotel after three days of Zayn fully healing. How Zayn managed to do it is still a mystery though. The raven haired lad moved around on the rock he was sitting on, and dug through his bag for his square shaped sketchbook. The hard leather cover held his almost finished comic, all he need is an ending. Rubbing his fingers over the hatching and cross hatching, Zayn sighs a bit and pulls a pen out to go over the ink again. He flips through the pages, and stops when he gets to the first part where it reveals Harry as The Hunter. He looks at the locks and the shaded in eyes. The whole comic was drawn in black and white, and had word bubbles from actual things they've said. He smiles and sighs a bit before flipping to a random page and starts tracing over the already permanent lines, making them even darker.

Hearing a rustling in the distance, Zayn lowered the pencil and looks up. He stands and gets away from the water edge, just in case one of those officers jumped out and pushed him in or something. He was just about to call for Harry, but gets cut off when a deer jumps out on him. Letting out a scream, Zayn covers his face and he falls to the ground on his back. Yelling for help, when the deer stays on top of him. Zayn puts his hands out, pushing he creature away. To his luck, the deer seemed to stop moving, but then a weight collapsed on top of him. Opening his eyes, he finds the deer just laying on top of him. Motionless. Gasping Zayn pushed the animal off of him and scrambled off of the ground. Breathing heavily, Zayn looks at the deer and then to his glowing hand before stumbling back and falling on his butt again. By the time Harry actually got there, Zayn was down to the filter and feeling strangely pessimistic about life.

Harry pulled Zayn into a hug before, grabbing Zayn's shaking still slightly glowing hands in his own, and pressing his lips to both of them. He nuzzles his nose to Zayn neck, and presses soft kisses along the smooth tanned skin. Zayn turns in Harry's arms, and presses his face to Harry's chest. "I...I killed it..Harry. M-my.."

"Shhh...Don't do that to yourself Ze. You did nothing wrong.." mumbling these words in Zayn's ears, Harry holds him closer to his chest.

It fell silent.

"I'm gonna go talk to Louis...I kind of need my best friend.." Zayn says before hes pushing away from Harry, and to a standing position. Harry stands as well, and Zayn half expects Harry to stop him, but is glad when he doesn't. He heads off, and only makes five small steps before turning back and kissing Harry softly, then running off. He finds Louis with Liam and Niall, and he politely steals the feather haired lad away.

"Zayn what's-"

Zayn frowned at Louis before cutting him off ignore Louis entirely. "I just like - how does all of this work? It's all been so nice and amazing so far but shit hit the fan, and everything bad is happening! Or am I the only damn one that has basically cheated death almost a thousand times?!...maybe I should just leave? Maybe like I'm his kryptonite, but in the way that I juts cause bad luck. Maybe that's why all this shot is happening? I'm gonna leave."

Louis' eyes squint in confusion, and then he blinks to think of everything Zayn had just said. "Uhm...excuse me? Wait- what the hell is this all about?"

"I don't know!" Zayn says gripping his hair, "I just...I just killed a fucking deer without even trying. It jumped out on me, and my hands glowed, and when I touched it, it died."

"..Oh...."

"Mmhmm."

"So..so I guess this means we have to make you a super-suit as well then?" Louis jokes a bit which earned him a glare. Putting his hands up in defence, Louis sighs and looks around them before looking at Zayn again. Louis finally just shrugged. "Mate maybe you're just over-thinking it, bro. Maybe it's like matchmaking shit that's happening? Or maybe that poison Maddison threw at you caused all this to happen? Maybe she messed up your DNA and now you have abilities as well."

"But-"

"Zayn I have no time for your pessimistic attitude right now." Louis says poking a finger at Zayn's chest, "Bad shit always happens in relationships, whether you're dating a superhero or not," Louis says sternly. "You don't need an arch-nemesis to burn you alive in order for things to get fucked up. So just take it moment-by-moment, yeah?"

Zayn blinked at Louis. Zayn always kind of forgot that Louis could give tremendously good advice when he wanted to. "Yeah. Okay. You're right." he says before sighing. "Liam's lucky to have a Yoda like you."

Louis rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless. "I don't deserve him. I'm only corrupting him." He looks over his shoulder, and sighs a bit too happy in Zayn's opinion, when they see Harry walking into the clearing. Louis pats Zayn on the back, and then skips off wishing Harry luck.

Once the curly lad got to Zayn, he smiles softly and reaches his hand up to brush is thumb over Zayn's cheek. Zayn brought his hands to the side of Harry's face and pulled him in for a soft kiss, resting their foreheads together so that Harry could feel Zayn's hesitant nod, a sign that he was alright now. Harry smiled, nuzzling against Zayn's cheek, and then linked their fingers together, "I love you."

"I know," Zayn says softly as he closes his eyes and leans in again until their lips touched. "I love you too."

"I know." Harry replies softly against Zayn's lips. They stay like that for a few more minutes, and then Harry's pulling away to look down at Zayn's hands. "Wanna talk about what happened now?"

"I don't know what happened.." Zayn says softly as his eyes dropped to his hands as well. "I...I was just scared, and...then the deer was dead, and.."

Harry nods, understanding that Zayn couldn't explain further. "We'll figure it out later...right now, we just need to get somewhere safe. They could be on our trail again." Harry says and waits for Zayn to agree with the plan. Harry rest his hands on Zayn's hips, and hums at the skin-to-skin contact when his large hands grazed Zayn's waist. It did feel nice, the same soothing thrum settling underneath Zayn's epidermis that Zayn had come to associate with having Harry in close proximity, but for the first time since they had truly and properly started dating, Zayn was truly afraid. Zayn wondered if Harry was, too.

Zayn knew that they both should be.

A/N: like...I wrote this chapter a few days ago. Before I even found out about Zayn leaving, and I was in the middle of writing my second chapter, and I like..I'm sorry it's sad. I'll just try to do happy scenes for now on, cause this is honestly the worst and...I mean

What Zayn did was choose himself. after years of sacrifice, he finally picked himself. And I'm proud. I'm so proud, and I just...I...please remember this today. Pick yourself. Nothing, no one, no amount of money is worth your health or your happiness. Take care of yourself. If you choose yourself, you will be okay. #alwaysinourhearts

P.s. Updates might be slow