〖 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 〗

Her watery eyes stared up at the TV stuck to her wall, the quietness of her flat only disrupted by Mark's voice talking all sorts of nonsense about her and their past relationship, obviously leaving out all the awful things he had done to her. It was infuriating to watch the presenter be so empathetic towards such a detestable person as Mark Fender. The timing he chose to do the interview was coincidently right before her new movie came out, the new movie that was supposed to be her comeback. It was a low blow even for him.

How he had managed to avoid the word of the interview coming her way was something y/n couldn't comprehend. In the industry everyone knew what the others were going to do before it even happened, he must've paid good money to have the secret well kept. The front door of her flat flew opened and Darcy appeared in all her Amazonian glory, "I'm going to kill him!" Her raspy voice echoed throughout the small studio apartment. The statement would've made y/n laugh in any other situation but right then, she could only listen to the guy she once dated telling lies about her on national television. "Why don't you tell them about the time you stole from her you fucking wanker!" Darcy shouted at the screen as she searched for the remote under the cushions of the sofa, finally finding it hidden between the armrest and y/n's thigh.

With visible anger, Darcy turned it off, putting the remote down on the coffee table. "I can't believe he's still milking it." Y/n sighed defeated letting herself plop back onto the big cushion behind her.

"That's what men do, they need to tear a successful woman down to stay relevant." Darcy shot back with confidence, her hand coming to brush y/n's hair out of her face. "Do you want a cup of tea?" She asked softly, receiving an affirmative nod from the distressed girl. "Bagged or bottled?"

"Bottled." Y/n responded immediately, watching her best friend and PA move from the living room to the kitchen where she could hear her rummaging through the mug cupboard then the clinking of bottles resounded. "Bottled tea" was what they called alcohol served in a mug. It had started as a coping mechanism for both of them when Darcy was in uni and y/n was getting more demanding acting jobs. They swore that drinking it out of a mug was much more acceptable than carrying a flask around at ungodly hours. It wasn't the best way to handle their stress but it worked for them.

"Here you go, babe." Darcy presented a pumpkin-shaped mug half-filled with booze that y/n gladly took from her friend. "I'm going to call Mar, yeah? To see what we can do about this." She barely finished the sentence when her phone began to ring. "Nevermind, she's already calling me." Y/n took a sip, grimacing at the taste. Resting the mug on her thigh she lulled her head back, the too-soft cushion nearly swallowing it down entirely, leaving her with a limited view of Darcy.

Her long, dark hair was tossed to one side, quiffing high on top of her head. The heart-shaped prescription glasses she always wore slid down the bridge of her nose as she spoke to y/n's publicist. The call was far quicker than the girl had expected it to be and she couldn't help but think that maybe Mar didn't have a solution to the mess Mark had just created. "Fantastic, see you then. Bye-bye." Darcy said disconnecting the call. "We're meeting her tomorrow for lunch, she said she's already setting something up but she'd rather talk it out with you first." The hazel-eyed girl informed lifting a huge weight off of y/n's shoulders. "She's quick, I love her."

"If this goes well she needs a bonus." Y/n sighed heavily into the mug and took another sip. "Could you stay over tonight?" She requested, not bothering to tell her friend the reason for the girl was sure Darcy understood why she wanted her to stay.

"Of course, chummy." Darcy agreed, leaning her head on the same cushion where y/n's still lied. "Phone." She demanded, her hand coming in front of y/n's face. There it was, exactly what y/n had asked her to stay for. Any time someone dared to ruffle the press with something related to y/n, she had a hard time staying away from the internet ultimately making herself feel ten times worse when she went in scrolling sprees through articles and comments. Y/n lifted her bottom half off the sofa and retrieved her phone from under her handing it to Darcy, "Thanks. Laptop?"

"Upstairs."

"Great, now, would you like some more tea?"

Ever since y/n broke things off with Mark four years ago, he had been making her life a living hell in any way he could. Articles over "exclusive notes" over interviews about her, little petty things that were annoying and sure took a toll on y/n's career but nothing as low as what he had done this time, and y/n was certain that the press was already eating her alive, the frustrating thing was that there was nothing she could do at that moment only wait until the next day when Marcella showed her what she had come up with to put her in a better place with the public before the movie came out.

She could only hope that it'd be an easy fix, a quick interview with a magazine or a paper giving her side of the story or maybe keeping quiet like she'd been doing for years every time Mark came up with a brand new made-up story. Keeping her head low with the tabloids was hers and her team's approach to the problem but making sure her connections within the industry knew the man was just spewing lies. She was lucky to have a good PR team that could handle all sorts of problems thrown y/n's way. The girl trusted that this time around a pair of calls and emails would ease things up like it always had.

 The girl trusted that this time around a pair of calls and emails would ease things up like it always had

: a.n : hiya! i'm back guys :)) im excited to start this series and see what you think, so please vote and comment ♡ going to be posting on fridays around this time. i know this is just the prologue and it's a bit vague but just bear with me and give the rest of the chapters a chance ♡ anyways, I hope you join me on this new series! love, kit xx