seven

"hi?" the boy said in a questioning tone, obviously in disbelief. "oh my gosh," renjun laughed awkwardly, accepting the chocolate bar gratefully.

"RENJUN??? WHY NOT ME, EUNNIE?" she heard a shocked gasp from beside her once she had sat back down. "see, i told you your feelings would be hurt," eva rolled her eyes playfully, nudging his side with her elbow.

"so renjun is your favourite member? why?" chenle asked, finding her choice questionable. but then again, any of her choice would be questionable because nct dream is just a whole group of weirdos in his opinion.

"oh my gosh, do i really have to give my reason?" she pursed her lips, trying to pick one out of the many reasons renjun is her favourite. she had many reasons but it was a bit embarrassing to mention them in front of the boy himself.

"well, firstly he's funny–"

"I'M FUNNY TOO, EUN–" before he could even finish his sentence, eva had pushed his face away, effectively shutting him up. the boys laughed at this, eva continuing like nothing happened.

"as i was saying before i was RUDELY INTERRUPTED," she glared at donghyuck. "i think renjun and i have the same humour so to me he's really funny. he's also um," she pauses a while, not knowing how to say this without sounding like a whole simp.

jaemin gives her an assuring nod, as if telling her to go on. "he's adorable without trying," she laughs awkwardly. "like, it's obvious that he's not aware that the things he does are adorable and that makes it all the more endearing." the girl admits shyly.

said boy widened his eyes at her confession, biting his lips to prevent his smile from growing too wide. he looked down to his lap, cheeks heating up. the boys were a loud mess now, teasing him and nudging him in his seat. eva too was a blushing mess, covering her face as she laughed at the chaos that erupted in the room.

"but eunnie! i'm the cutest, right?" donghyuck pouted, giving eva his best puppy dog eyes. "ya, donghyuck-ah! this isn't about you, let her fangirl over our renjunnie," jaemin scolded the boy.

"renjun-ah, don't you have anything to say?" jeno spoke up, noticing that the chinese boy had been silent since eva's bias revelation. truth is, he couldn't believe it at all.

does evelyn jung, korea's it girl, all-rounder maknae of one of kpop's biggest groups, really like him best in nct dream? it felt unreal. she was everything he wasn't, she had everything he didn't, she could do everything he couldn't, why would she pick him?

he wondered why mark wasn't her pick. after all, they had many more hobbies and interests in common. she could even have conversations in english with mark. so why him?

"dude, it literally isn't that deep. you don't have to overthink it," he was snapped out of his own thoughts by donghyuck's teasing voice. eva smacked his arm, effectively distracting him from tormenting renjun.

"a–ah, sorry," he chuckled awkwardly, scratching his nape. "t–thank you, i, um, for liking me," he laughed again. "it's really an honour to be your favourite. i like you the most too in blackpink." he admitted, avoiding eye contact with the girl.

"stop it, you and jisung-ie are lying because i'm the one here. if my members are here, i probably don't exist to you guys," she joked, grabbing a packet of gummies to snack on.