02

"Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have"

Ethan Marlow

I smirk to myself when I pull up to the old non stop, seeing Len throwing his hands around and talking to himself. Okay, maybe I was late with an hour and a half, but at least now I have an excuse.

Jade.

I didn't stop thinking about her the way here and I'm annoyed at myself for that. She seemed so interesting. Just randomly showing up on a private beach and asking strangers for a ride. Without a fear, without a care. She didn't seem like she had a house either, just looking around to sleep in someone's house with her blonde wig and messed up makeup.

Maybe that's who she was waiting for. Someone who would take her to their house so she could sleep somewhere.

I thought too much about it, but it's like that when I didn't have anything else to do in this old car. Maybe I was wrong, maybe she just had a date there or something. She looked clean though, her delicate hand with french nail polish was soft on my face and even through her smudged makeup, her face was clean and smooth.

"I told him. But what do I get for having the slowest friend in the world? This. Yes, I did this to myself."I hear him ramble to himself when I stop in the parking lot of the non stop. He's with his back on me so he isn't able to see me.

"The slowest friend is here."I chuckle, seeing him quickly turn around, his angry gaze falling on me.

"You asshole! Everybody left and you know who was the only one left? This bitch Stephanie. And guess what, she asked me on a date again."he speaks fast like he always does when he's angry. Spitting and all that.

Stephanie is his biggest enemy. It's ironic, because as much as he talks shit about her, he still fucks her when she invites him over to her house. We talked one time with her, because I don't usually hang out with Len's friends. She really was flirty, like Len warned me.

Maybe we made out for a little, but that was it. I had to go home and I didn't want to get anybody there.

"You know I would just be pushing you to talk to her if I was there, right?"I chuckle again, pulling out my cigarettes and putting it between my teeth for probably the fifteenth time today.

"Oh please, if you were there she would only talk to you. She wouldn't even acknowledge me and I would be more than happy. Plus, you would've got a fuck for tonight."he steps closer to me as I rest my back on my car.

"You're sounding like a jerk."I shake my head with a smirk.

"I'm right though! She's a fucking lice, that's what she is! And you know she's mad annoying when even ugly people like me complain about it. With you it's easy though, if you're a jerk they think it's sexy, because you're like some Greek god or shit."he mutters and I chuckle again.

"Are you finished yet?"I ask, but then a smug smile pops on my face. 

That's what she-

"Don't you fucking dare, Marlow."he points his finger at me with a warning look and I just look away with a laugh "Give me the fucking weed now."

"You're gonna smoke here?"I ask, my eyes focusing on the bright lighted non stop on our left. I can see around three costumers through the glass walls and the cashier, giving us a thoughtful look from time to time.

"Oh come on, don't be a pussy. Smoke with me. Nobody's gonna say shit."he shrugs and I just continue looking around.

"I'll pass."I shortly say before I pull out the old carton with the two joints in it.