part 22. the finale.

-weeks later-

(kyoko's pov)

"you look beautiful dear. are you ready to go?"

"yes, i suppose..."

i looked at myself one more time. the dress we chose was on me. it was really pretty. i felt really beautiful, i was happy, but at the same time i was really anxious. it was the day of the ball, after all. sayaka was going to be there. all sorts of rich people were going to be there. celebrities, businessmen...

sayaka. she's... she's going to be there.

the one i kissed, the one whom i admitted i was into.

i can't lie, after everything, after all these months. even though the fact that we met itself was unbelievable, now i loved her. she... did she love me?

i never confronted her about it. i never had the guts too. what was i going to say?

"oh my god..."

i turned around. it was my dad.

i smiled weakly.

he smiled back.

"are you ready to go?"

"mhm..."

i said. byakuya was all dressed up too. he was wearing an elegant suit, with a black tie.

"let's go to the car, shall we?"

said his mom, and we left the house.

i was walking behind them, with slow steps.

i really hope i don't embarass myself.

(sayaka's pov)

i was there pretty early. my parents didn't come. just me. i sat in a table, with a woman sitting in front of me.

over time, more people came, but there were just 2 people in my table including me.

suddenly, i saw them.

kyoko. she came. i smiled the moment i saw her. she smiled back weakly when our eyes met.

they came to the table i was sitting in.

they all sat, her stepmother, stepbrother, her dad, and her.

"i might've done something for you"

byakuya said to kyoko and looked at me too.

"oh, thanks"

she said as soon as she understood what he meant.

"kiri, hey"

i said softly.

"hey, sayaka"

she smiled.

more guests arrived, the music started.

"um, shall we dance?"

"sure"

kyoko said, and we stood up, went to the dance floor.

we were silent for a little.

"kyoko, i.. i'm genuinely sorry"

i said.

"why?"

"because of what happened, you know.. i'm sure you haven't forgotten."

"oh"

she said.

"i hope you aren't weirded out or anything, i... i don't know how to explain what i'm trying to say-"