1.

The sky was dark. Silhouettes of clouds slowly moved through the sky. I was sitting in Lee's newly repaired balloon, scanning the horizon for any sort of danger.
    A bright beam of light had erupted from the ground earlier. Lee thought that Lyra was in trouble, but I couldn't be too sure. Right now, we're headed to a witches rock or something. Lee didn't tell me anything else.
    I relaxed on the bench of the basket and tried to focus on what the light was. It was blaring straight into my face, but I couldn't seem to focus on it. All I could think about was Lee. We've loved each other for so long, it's amazing, really. The face that he finally confessed to me blows my mind. Honestly, why would anyone love me? I look terrible. My hair is always a mess, my skin is always dirty, no matter how much I wash it, and I have a terrible sense of humor. And, of all people, why would the most handsome man in the world choose me? Of all people! Insane. I thought.
I shook my head to stop fantasizing and I turned around to see Lee sitting alone with Hester, one arm resting on the back of the bench. He really looked like he wanted a cigarette. I got up and started to walk over to him.
"Hey, Lee, what's up?" I said, sliding closer to him.
"Nothing." He lowered his arm and let it wrap around my back and waist, making me inch even closer to him. I didn't think I could get any closer. He was so warm.
"I can tell something is wrong, love." He jerked his head towards me when I finished. He smiled. "Well, that made you feel better, didn't it?" I leaned closer to him as our lips pecked against each other, and I pulled away, grinning.
"You really love me that way?" He asked.
"Oh my god, of course!" I let out a breathy laugh. "I kind of wanted to ask you the same thing, but I didn't have the guts."
"Did you think I would say no to you?" He ran his finger along my jawline, "you're beautiful. I'm surprised that I didn't say anything sooner." He planted a small kiss on my forehead and I giggled.
"I love your laugh." He snuggled closer and laid kisses on top of my head on my messy hair. I loved this feeling so much. I loved him so much.
"So, where are we headed?" I asked, running my finger through his soft, dark brown hair. He laughed and started to get up.
"We're going to see the witches. We need to find Lyra, because I am most definitely sure she went into that hole in the sky." He walked around, checking the instrument things of his balloon. I still didn't know what any of them did.
"But what if we can't help her, or they don't let us?"
"Then, we'll do whatever Serafina Pekkala tells us to do. But, if she doesn't tell us to do anything, then we'll have as much time as we want to ourselves." He came over and my lips a short peck, "so are you ready?"
"Mhm!" I smiled as he gave me another forehead kiss and went back to fiddling with his balloon technology.

We finally reached the place where the witches were. A tall rock over a lake. The trees were incredibly thick, so landing for Lee was a challenge.
When we finally did land safely, Lee let me out first like the true gentleman that he is. A witch was already waiting there for us. When I got close to her, she wasn't a witch I knew. The only witch I knew was Serafina Pekkala, and this was definitely not her.
"Thank you for joining us, Mr. Scoresby." She said, starting to lead us up a heavily forested hill.
"It's my pleasure to join you this evening, ma'am." His Texan accent grew thick. I heard calls of exotic birds birds, screeches of ground animals as the light wind blew in my face. Every other step, I looked down to make sure I wasn't stepping on a snake, or accidentally cracking a broken tree branch for dangerous animals to start running after us. I didn't really care if I got hurt. As long as Lee is okay, I'm okay.
The witch finally let us stop at the top of the rock. The witches council was an actual thing, apparently. And it looked like a big deal. She told us to stand in front of a smaller rock, so we could be easily seen.
"Thank you, witches for joining us, for we have a special guest." Serafina Pekkala started, but as she finished, Lee cleared his throat and glanced at me out of the corner of his eye. "Two guests, actually."
"Yes. We have Mr. Scoresby joining us and... who is this you have with you?"
"This is... my girlfriend. Y/N Holland." He gave me a subtle smile. I widened my eyes at him in shock.
I balanced on my tip-toes, trying to reach his face, and whispered in his ear, "girlfriend? What is this official?"
"Do you want it to be? I'm all for it. He whispered louder than I wanted him to. It was more of a low talking tone. Not so much a whisper. I'm pretty sure every witch heard us.
"Uhm, well, of course I want to be, but is now really the time?"
"So, I'll take that as a yes." He gave me a kiss on the forehead and turned back to the witch council. I silently giggled as Serafina began to speak again.
"Mr. Scoresby, you are here to help Lyra, is that correct?"
"Yes, ma'am. I would like to take Y/N through that hole in the sky so we can bring the child to safety." he explained. He wanted me to go through that with him? I should just stay here with-
Serafina's calming voice cut me off.
"Well, I'm sorry, Mr. Scoresby, but we already have a clan of witches working to obtain Lyra from the mysterious world that Asriel opened, so there is nowhere to put you and your girlfriend."
Now I love being called someone's girlfriend.
"Then what about finding the whereabouts of Dr. Stanislaus Grumman?"