Chapter 30

"Breaking new: today another victim has been found in her house, cut open. Once again the police failed to find the killer. How long will the citizens run danger?"

The chief turned off the TV in the police precinct in an angry huff and looked pointedly at Moo Chi, who tried not to look his boss in the face.

It had been only yesterday when he had gotten a speech from the man that the higher ups were breathing in his neck because of this case. And now a new murder had occurred. Of course the city was in an uproar now.

He had checked social media this morning and the police were being slain by the people on there. The pressure was rising and people were afraid.

Moo Chi sighed again, taking everything with him to search the scene in the hopes of finding that one clue that could help to turn the bastard in. So far it had been difficult, but he knew, serial killers like that became arrogant and eventually left a clue.

But this case proved a bit hard. Moo Chi held it tightly in the back of his mind that he had already gotten several instances where he suspected that this case had been sabotaged. Not only did he have difficulty obtaining some of the medical files, but all the CCTV was mysteriously broken.

He would have to work on this case with as little assistance of possible, because he didn't know where the leak was, or even if it was indeed sabotage or unhappy coincidence. But for now he had to act like he hadn't noticed anything. Otherwise they might hide from him completely.

Yo Han was trying to contain his excitement when he entered the car, driven by his younger brother;

Of course, intern Min Jae had no clue that Yo Han was his older brother of course. And he wouldn't, at least not for some time.

They exchanged awkward greetings and then they started a silent drive towards the prison.

Min Jae was tapping on the steering wheel with his fingers, obviously nervous about this weird atmosphere.

"So you are going to examen the old lady for us?" he asked, Yo Han nodded in response.

"Yes. A friend asked me a favor."

"It's certainly nice of you to come this quickly. Mostly when we demand an expert it takes at least two weeks before an appointment is made. Sometimes even longer."

"Ah." Yo Han said. His brother started to look nervous again.

"So, you are intern, soon to graduate?" Yo Han asked. Small talk wasn't his forte, but he was willing to make an effort.

"Yes. I'm hoping that after my graduation I can keep staying with this firm. They treat their clients really well and have a very good reputation." Min Jae said enthusiastically.

"Your family must be proud." Yo Han asked, fishing a bit. Min Jae smiled at his remark.

"Yes, my mom is already planning a big party for when I graduate and I hope I can soon show them my contract. Dad tells said that becoming a lawyer was once his dream that he never had been able to fulfil."

"And any siblings?" Yo Han asked, trying to keep the conversation going and prying as much as he can about his family. Min Jae didn't seem to think that any of his questions were suspicious and just kept on answering his questions.

"I have one sister, my twin. She is also very happy for me." Min Jae said, not mentioning about her disorder. At least he showed a bit of discretion. Not all strangers were kind to people with disorders.

The rest of the ride was spend in small talk. It was almost a pleasant ride, but soon they arrived at the prison and it was time to get the work done.