Silver Pt 3

This chapter's song is: Takeaway by Chainsmokers

Narrator's POV:

It had been three weeks since the soldier training had started. In that time, five more boys had gone home either from mild injuries or from quitting. Silver had fully settled in the dorm rooms in that time. In the morning he woke up and joined Will and Rudy for breakfast, after that he would train with breaks until lunch before receiving his lessons from lunch to dinner and then free time. The boys could choose to rest or continue training in that time. After that was supper and bedtime which was at 9.

Throughout those three weeks, the boys had broken up and formed cliques. There were two noticeable groups were the boys of higher society whom they liked to refer to themselves as 'bluebloods.' The other group focused specifically on those who were less noble but affiliated with swordsmanship within their families. This meant sons of nobles who also were knights or lead a knight squad.

The rest of the boys broke up and made their own mini friendship groups with Silver, Rudy and Will being one of those mini-groups. Right now, Silver was walking from the library during his free time. Along the way, he was stopped by a boy whose face was written with hidden arrogance.

"Hello, I'm Reginold Edil Donstark, son of Earl Donstark. It's a pleasure to meet you, if I may call you Silver," he says. The boy had platinum blond hair and blue eyes, the boys behind him holding similar features that exuded pampered nobility.

"You may call me Silver, do you have any business with me?" he asks.

"I was just wondering if you would like to join our group. We nobles pride ourselves of being highly born. Of course, you would be the leader, you are of course the truest noble blood here," he says.

"We bluebloods must stick together, it's only a given since we are the future of this kingdom," the boy behind Reginold says. He had darker blond hair and green eyes. "My name is Jaxtor by the way."

"So, what do you say Silver? Why don't you start hanging out with people who are closer to your status? Frankly, that William boy you talk to is okay but that commoner is nowhere fitting of your noble status. 

"I decline, I enjoy my company with Will and Rudy, and I think my time is better spent with them, if you'll excuse me," Silver says as he walks away. As he walked, the boys glared at him before leaving the opposite way, to the training area.

"Silver!" Rudy yells enthusiastically at supper. Silver smiles as he walks his way over with his tray of hot tomato soup and bread. As he places his tray down next to William, he looks over to Rudy and notices a purple mark on his face.

"What happened to you?" he asks.

"Oh, this? I sparred a bit too much. The hilt of the sword went smack dab onto my face. It hurt, I tell ya," Rudy says as he points to his cheek. 

"What an idiot, I don't know anyone as stupid as you who will hurt themselves with their own sword," William says. 

"Hey! It was an accident! And at least I train hard! Unlike you, pretty boy," Rudy sneers.

"How dare you!"

"Unnnnhhh how daaree youuu waa waa waa! Just eat ya bread ya fusspot! I don't need my ears to fall off too!" Rudy yells. Silver laughs at the two boys bickering like cats and dogs. However, the bruise on Rudy's face didn't fade away till the next day. And then another one appeared. 

One on his wrist. One on his ankle, on his back, on his elbow. Each time he would say it's due to training, but no other boy got as many bruises as Rudy did, nor was any boy more talented enough than Rudy to land so many hits.