1

Once upon a time......just kidding this isn't that kind of love story. Emerald of the Blood Moon pack was finally eighteen years old. It was time to venture out and find her life mate. Every wolf her age would be dying to find their own love match, but not Emerald. She had too much preparation to do for THE gala. The most important social event of the pack's entire history. This gala marks the new alpha's first night leading the Blood Moon pack.
    Emerald yelped as she pricked her finger on the delicate sewing needle she held in her hand. A beautiful stretch of satin cloth lay draped across her lap. She was sewing the window banners for the gala, needling in intricate embroidery along the top of the fabric. Emerald often found herself doing busy work like this, alone and silent in a abandoned part of the pack house. Emerald comes from a long line of pack house maids. The other members often acted like she didn't exist as she crept around the pack house collecting laundry and cleaning bathrooms. She was just about to stop her embroidery work and clean up her supplies when she heard the sound of a door opening and closing in the distance.
    "Evan I can't just choose any random b.itch as my mate! Are you crazy?" The booming voice of the new alpha, Knife, echoed throughout the room. Evan, Knife's long-time best friend wrinkled his nose and looked around the empty, dusty area. "Why not? True love is for suckers." Emerald shuddered, an unnatural chill running through her body as she saw the two powerful figures linger just outside the doorway. She started gathering her things with haste.
    Knife took another couple steps into the room, accidentally stepping upon the silk banister Emerald was working on. He frowned at the sight of the frail she-wolf sitting in a dark corner with a basket of sewing supplies in her hands. Evan laughed, "What's one of the pack maids doing in this old storeroom? Aren't you supposed to be cleaning a toilet somewhere?" Emerald flinched and looked towards the floor, "S-Sorry, I was just trying to finish Alpha Knife's banist——", Knife cut her off, "Well finish faster somewhere else you worm". Evan laughed even harder and wiped his dirty shoes on the end of the satin fabric. Emerald swallowed back tears as she gathered her supplies and scurried out of the room.
    Emerald found her way back to the tiny shed that she slept in. Hot tears ran down her face as she stowed her meager supplies under a loose floorboard. Nothing ever went good for Emerald, There was always a new challenge to face in her life.