Chapter 2 - Losing Everything

Suddenly, in the middle of solar eclipse.
BOOM!
There was chaos, everyone was screaming and panicking.

Ok, what's going on?!!

"Wife, I need to go. Take care of our son"

"W-Wait..."
My mom was too weak, we just gave birth to me, I was in her arm covered with clothes.

"No matter what happens, survive. I'll be right back"
My father steps outside and went to fight.

Everything was mass destruction, I saw my village was attacked by these people, wearing black robes, and exclaimed themselves as evil spirit masters.

...

"HAHAHAHAHAH!"

"Esteemed Leader, I've found out the newborn's location"

"Good, let's not waste any more time"
Suddenly, the esteemed leader was interrupted by a random man.

"Hold your horse, I won't let you step any further"

"Hah! Who do you think you are?"

"I just become a father today, so I back off, cause nothing more powerful than a family"
The man took off his clothes, and shockingly he's not Dom Toretto.

"So you wish to die? Very well, I'll give you the most painful death! My followers, kill him!"
All of the evil masters charged forward, while this man stood up against them to stall time for his wife and kids to run away.

...

Meanwhile,

A young lady, who just gave birth just now, run as fast as she could with her newborn into a deep forest. They ran into the woods while being chased by evil spirit masters.

"Can you sense them?!"

"They're close! Keep running!"
My mom was running with another mid-aged lady, who I believed to be my grandmother.

"Listen, you must survive. I promised your husband to keep you safe."

"But mother!"

"Shh shh, it's fine my girl. We don't have much time, I'll set a teleportation array for both of you, though it may drain all of my life force."

My mom cried, she couldn't believe this cruel reality.

"I'm proud of you, my girl"

"I found them!"

"Oh, dear..."

There were three soul masters, they looked as strong as 60-70s rank spirit masters, but somehow I felt that my grandma was stronger than ever.

"Oh my, don't you think it's too harsh for an old lady like me?"

"Handoff the newborn, and I promise to give both of you a painless death." said one of the evil masters.

"Hmph, youngsters these days are so ruthless! Don't blame me for not being merciful"

Suddenly, I saw a huge staff was summoned by grandma. 

The staff was carved with a dragon head, and attached with charmed lucks?
Martial Soul, Dragon Saintess Staff.
A huge dragon was summoned out of nowhere, and I believe that it was grandmother's dragon. 

"No way! A spirit douluo!" the evil masters were anxious as they underestimated my grandma.

"It's been a while, now go eat them alive," said my grandma.

While the dragon was fighting with all three evil masters. My grandma continued to set a teleportation array for us.

"Mother, I'm sorry..."

Oh, my girl..." My grandma kissed both my mom and me. 

"Don't think about it, you're my priority, my love, and my hope."

"But..." My mom was sobbing. "I can't accept this... I'm not strong like you..." 

"Come here..." My grandma gave us her last hug. "You're the strongest lady ever live my dear, you just gave birth and ran away up here while holding your baby. Not to mention, we didn't even have time to cut his umbilical cord!"

Oh no, now I think of it. I felt something attached to my belly button.

"Should I cut it for him now?"

"It isn't the time my dear, now the array was finished. You-"

BOOM! Suddenly my grandma's soul dragon was injured and disturbed the teleportation process.

"MOMM!!" my mom cried out.

"Don't think of me, just go! You're my hope and-"

At once, my mom was stabbed in the stomach by one of the evil masters' impaling spirit ring skills. Grandma was speechless and furious. She let everything in one go, my frail self felt a terrifying soul power and began to cry.

"I WON'T FORGIVE YOU!"

All of the soul masters were scorched alive by grandma, with the cost of her life.

"Nu'er, Nu'er!" Grandma called my mom's name, but the reality was cruel as always.
Grandma started to cry, it can't be helped. Now, the only ones left were me, crying on the ground.
My grandma was dying, but she began to drag herself close to me.

"Shh Shh, don't cry my grandson. I'm sorry for being such a bad grandmother, I couldn't even protect your mom and dad."

Suddenly, a light was circling around me.

"Poor you little Sunzi (pronouns for a grandchild), I wish grandma could raise you, but grandma was dying... Oh god, please take care of my grandson."

I was lifted mid-air by a soul force.

"Goodnight... little sunzi"

I remembered that night.

I thought being transported into a new world was bliss, but I was wrong.