fly away, little one

[ au where luke doesn't die (so rare i know) ]

the antique shop she once knew turned into a storage place. for reasons she didn't know, luke abandoned the place. it's been untouched for a year now, how messy is that place now?

rosa walked inside the building & a strong stench filled her nose. god, it smells awful in here. in her peripherals, she saw a bunch of furniture & a bunch of unfinished file cases. is that why luke left this place to rot? no, he wouldn't do that- there has to be some other reason.

* creak *

fate must be real, because rosa could've sworn she saw luke. " xia! are you there ? " . it was obvious he was surprised to hear her voice as he followed her voice to come closer to you.

" rosa ..? why did you come here ? " luke *looked* concerned for her. wrapping her arms around him , she didn't seem to feel like replying to him.

" you shouldn't be here.. it smells awful.. "

" why did you abandon this place, xia? "

the question caught him off guard , earning a funny expression on his face.

being a private detective has it's perks, since he knew how to change expressions quickly. luke coughed lightly and soon, he went back to his calm state.

" .. i can't tell you. i'm just fetching some old files for artem to organize. "

" i'd doubt artem would even touch these files. look! the ants have already gotten to them, and- AAAAHHHHH " rosa screeched like a child.

a cockroach. yes, the infamous attorney of stellis, who has won cases over and over again...

... was terrified of cockroaches.

luke smirked as rosa clung onto him for dear life. conveniently, he took out some insecticide and spray it all over it, but..

" IT'S A FLYING ONE???? "

luke had always been rosa's protector from insects. from saving her lunchbox from ants, to fighting a huge spider, it was safe to say he was a bug anti. cockroaches were no different, but..

those flying bastards.

" XIA, DO SOMETHING!! "

" I CAN'T !! IT'S FLYING! PLEASE NOT THE- THERE'S MORE??? "

oh man, this was going to be a long day.