Landing

"Good morning, Daniel."

"Mmmph."

"We are landing today. Are you excited?"

"Mm-hm." Daniel smiled and cracked an eye open.

"Come on, then. Time to get up." Daniel lifted his arms as he was picked up and carried to the table. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes, then watched as Amarvus made breakfast.

"Alright, here you go."

"Thank you."

"My pleasure, dear. Now eat," Amarvus started to talk to him as he ate, "I am so excited to show you the planet. There are so many things, I would like to choose some places to visit while you are here. How does that sound?"

"Sounds good. How long are we gonna be here?"

"That depends on how quickly we find your home. It usually takes about a week or two."

"Two weeks?!"

"I know how badly you want to go home. I promise they go as fast as they can to find it."

"I know, I guess I'm a bit homesick."

"Oh, dear. Do you need a hug?"

"That would be nice, after I finish breakfast."

"Alright." Daniel had grown fond of the hugs and cuddle sessions that happened fairly often. Once breakfast was over, Amarvus picked him up and sat him down on his lap. "Would you like to pick what we are going to do? It might help cheer you up."

"Yeah, that sounds fun."

"Alright, well, first we will go to my home and get you settled. My family will be there to..."

"Your family?"

"Yes. My sister told me that she as well as her children will be there to greet us. They are very excited to meet you."

"Oh, cool."

"Tomorrow we can either stay home or..." they went on talking for some time, Daniel picking which places he wanted to go. It did help him feel better. He was getting excited about visiting another planet.

"Oh! I almost forgot; we are supposed to see Nathen for lunch today. Are you ready to go?"

"Yes."

They made their way down the long hallways to Nathen's room.

"Nathen!"

"Hey."

"How are you doing?"

"Better, thanks."

"That's good."

"Yeah."

Ghantin was standing at the counter preparing lunch. "Hello Daniel! It is so good to see you again. Lunch is almost done."

"Hello, nice to see you too."

Daniel and Nathen talked until Ghantin stepped in with two bowls, "Alright darlings, lunch is ready!" He placed the bowls down in front of them.

"Can you believe we're going to be on another planet in a few hours?"

"To be honest, I'm still having a hard time believing most of this. But I am getting excited."

"Me too. Hey, maybe we could coordinate on some things so we could go together."

"Yeah, sure."

"So, what do you want to do there?" They discussed what they wanted to do and asked Amarvus and Ghantin if they could do them on the same day.

"Oh of course! That is a wonderful idea. We can certainly alter the schedules to match each other." Ghantin said while giving them their drinks.

After lunch, they decided to play another game. This one similar to Snakes and Ladders. They played until an they heard a voice over a speaker in the room, "Attention crew, we are preparing to land. We will be reentering the atmosphere within the next 20 minutes. Please return all patients to their rooms. Thank you."

"Well, that is our queue. Daniel, time to go."

"Ok," He turned back to Nathen, "see ya."

"Later." Nathen waved as Daniel was picked up. Amarvus took him back to his room and placed him in bed.

"Alright, it might get a little bumpy, so I am going to put you in here to keep you in one spot. I will be right here the whole time." He walked over to the wall and sat against it. There was a bit of turbulence, and then it felt like they were falling for a few seconds. This went on for the next few minutes until it everything stopped. The speaker turned on again.

"Attention crew, we will be ready to start disembarking within the next 10 minutes. Please bring your patient to the loading bay once your sector is called. Thank you." The speaker began to announce something Daniel didn't understand. It eventually said something that made Amarvus perk up.

"That is us! Are you ready to get off this ship?"

"Absolutely."

A/N: And that's part 1! Thank you to everyone that has read this so far. I would love to know what you guys think!