1

Quick a/n-

As always, keep in mind: My writing is purely fictional! I have "canon compliant" in the description, but it's really... not lmao. No need to beat a dead horse, I'm sure you get it. Hope you enjoy!

---

San loved easily.

He loved people. He loved music, and he loved the little things the world gave him. San was quick to fall, and when he did, he always fell hard. His friends would give talks about walls and standards, and San would always reply with 'Yes, I know, but I can't help it.'

And then he met Wooyoung. And Wooyoung was both easy to love and painful to love and full of contradictions that put San's heart through a blender each and every day.

When San entered the company alone, he didn't know what to expect. And years later, he still didn't. One moment, Wooyoung would put an arm around him and smile, the one where his eyes would scrunch up with it, and the next, Wooyoung was across the room, either avoiding his eye or glaring gunshot wounds into his skin.

San fell in love with all his members, but none of them could crawl under his skin quite like Wooyoung did.

He seemed particularly dangerous today, like he could explode with a tap. Tensions were high in the practice room, so San couldn't blame him. They finished filming for Kingdom a week ago, and all the members secretly hoped for a longer break, only to find out they needed new choreography for a comeback in a few month's time.

They could hope all they wanted, but in the long run, this was a business, and riding off the new attention was a smart move.

None of them complained, but San could see it on their faces that morning in the dorms. Comeback news was usually exciting. It usually sent them shouting and laughing and looking forward to exploring new concepts and Atiny's reactions. It was their job, after all, and they loved it.

But Hongjoong had only greeted him with a small smile, and Yunho ruffled his hair two times instead of three, and Seonghwa fell back asleep on the couch four minutes before they were supposed to leave. It would only get more and more hectic as the days go by, and San hoped their energy would snap back to normal soon.

So yes, the practice room was more tense than usual, as learning new choreography was always the hardest. A few of the members were... irritable, to say the least.

"Are you doing alright, hyung?"

San's back was to the mirrored wall, and he knew he'd get scolded for smearing sweat over the surface, but he didn't care. Jongho settled down next to him, so it seemed he didn't care either. San watched Yeosang dramatically face plant against the floor as Jongho handed him a water bottle.

"Better than the others, I think." San said. He took the bottle gratefully and took a few sips. "You?"

"Just give me a few days. It gets easier before it gets busier."

And that was true, because once they began mastering the moves, that was when the satisfaction kicked in.

San caught Wooyoung's eye, and he immediately wished he hadn't. Wooyoung had something fierce on his face; he had it all day, really, and it drew nearer as Wooyoung walked towards them.

It had taken a while, but by now, San was used to the way his heart flipped when Wooyoung was near, no matter his mood. He was used to touching more than he was allowed and feeling more than he should. So when Wooyoung collapsed on his other side and yelled out his frustration into San's shoulder, he barely flinched, even while half of him wanted to pull Wooyoung closer and the other half wanted to run.