𝗬𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗚 𝗗𝗨𝗠𝗕 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗞𝗘

Esmeralda Lopez. She was named after that girl in Hunchback of Notre Dame. You know, the one who almost got burned alive if it wasn't for Quasimodo? Yeah, that Esmeralda. Her dad was a huge fan of the movie and the book so why not name his daughter that?

Esmeraldas life wasn't always shitty. Her mom wasn't always a drunk slob who stood in the house all day with her many boyfriends who hardly did any work and made weird sexual comments towards Esme. No. She used to have a hard working father and an even more hard working mother.

But that all went down hill when Esme's dad got arrested and charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault. But that's not how it went down at all. You see, Mario Lopez was never one to start fights. He was a family man, always seeing peace instead of violence. But the one and only Ward Cameron had been testing his patience lately until he finally snapped. Mario Lopez was very good friends with Big John Routledge, the two going to high school together. But Mario had been starting to find out the truth about Big Johns disappearance, and Mario was angry. So angry that he stormed over to Wards house and confronted him about it.

That caused a fight to break out and Ward almost killing Mario. But the cops didn't know that. All they knew was that Rose Cameron had called the police and said how Mario was attacking her husband. Esmeralda didn't know when he was getting out, but she did know it wasn't going to be any time soon.

That caused Esmeralda to grow a hatred for Kooks so badly that nothing will ever make her like them. They could just sit in their million dollar mansions and drown themselves in money that they didn't have to worry about real problems in the world. They could get anything they wanted with a snap of their fingers. While the pouges on the other hand had to make due with what they got and work their asses off for the Kooks.

It's not like her friends knew what was going on at home. When they asked how was her home life she would lie and say that all was good, as if her mom doesn't bully and manipulate her own child. Drawing was Esme's only escape from reality. That's why when she grew up she wanted to be some world famous artist like Leonardo Da Vinchi or some shit. When all else failed she could just sit in John B's chateau and sketch what came to mind. It was almost like her safe haven. The only reason why she hasn't gone insane is because of her dad and friends. Without them, Esmeralda probably would've been in jail or even worse, dead. All of her friends loved her more then she could imagine. Which was a good thing, since Esme loved them more then she loved herself.

Esmeralda was never one for love, since she was scared no one would love her back. And there was a rule, no pouge on pouge macking. And Esme was damn sure not going to fall in love with some preppy Kook who was probably gonna throw her away when he found out she was a pouge.

Yet Pope Heyward didn't. Pope had been crushing on her since......well forever really. He really fell hard when Esme joined the math team with him despite the fact she didn't know a damn thing in math. She just didn't want him to feel left out.

And that's where the story begins, my friends. Two teenagers falling in love while looking for gold and trying to hide their best friend from a psychopath.

But you know what they say. It's the Outer banks, paradise on earth.

Who knew that would be the biggest lie ever.

AULI'I CRAVALHO|ESMERALDA LOPEZ