Falling - Prologue *on hold*

Prologue

I sat, looking out of my window. I was leaving forever. Leaving behind people and places that, no matter how frustrating they could be, were a part of me. But more than anything, I was leaving behind my memories, more memories than anyone could ever have guessed. I was leaving behind secrets of the one I loved most, secrets I had held close all this time. As the plane taxied down the runway, those memories streamed by and I left them behind, reluctantly, one by one. There was something calming about planes. All you can see out there are clouds, so light and fluffy. When I was younger I used to imagine that fairies lived out there, in their magical world where everything is perfect; no one is lonely or lost or heartbroken, and everybody belongs. I've always been a dreamer. I still am. I just love the idea that something could be real, even if I am kidding myself believing in fairies and true love. Which brings me back to the plane. This flight is going to be long, because I have nothing to do but sit alone in my thoughts, which is scary enough at the best of times. But the thing that is occupying more space in my thoughts than I really should allow is him. He's been on my mind, ever since that night. And no matter how I try, I can't forget. I can't forget the things he whispered in my ear, the sweetest, most loving words I have ever heard. And I can't forget what I gave up for him, to let him rip my heart out.