Unexpected

*BIG TIME HOP*
The babies are five months old now and growing every day. Addi (Addison) started crawling the other day and it was amazing but it has Eden worried about Everest. I think it's fine but she always is worried. I was finishing straightening my hair and putting on the dress I had picked out for today. It was the blue and black one Luke had suggested when we were still in that dorm, I can't believe that was almost two years ago! Today was me and Luke's one year and a half anniversary. He was acting like he had forgotten all day but I knew he was planning something special when he asked if I wanted to go out tonight for dinner. I slipped into the dress and threw on some make up and earrings. I put on my black six inch stilettos that killed my feet but i would suffer through it for him. I snapped on my black and blue phone case and shoved it into my bag. I walked out into the living room where Luke was wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a red flannel shirt over it.
"Wow you look really beautiful, but don't you think your a bit dressed up for dinner?" He asked. Knowing his tricks I decided to go along.
"All well to late to change lets go!" I said. He nodded and got off the couch and got the keys.
"Bye guys." Eden says hanging some toys to the girls. I waved bye and we walked out the door. I got into his truck and jumped in. He drove for ten minutes to a.... Chilies. Okay, that can still be romantic.
"Let me help" he said coming around to help me out. Alright the gentlemanly stuff is starting. He helped me out and we walked in.
"How long is the wait for two?" He asked.
"We can seat you now sir." The hostess said.
"Thanks." We were seated at the table and it began.

The whole dinner he was clueless. He had no idea it was our anniversary. I thought maybe he was messing with me until he asked if we were gunna split the check. This was a disaster. I felt like such an idiot. I thought that a year and a half was an important anniversary? God I just need to get out of here.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"No! I thought you were taking me out for our anniversary but no we are just going to dinner and splitting the god damn check. God I feel like such an idiot!" I said
"Woah Kay-" he started.
"Look I need to leave okay." I said.
"I have the keys." He said
"I'll walk." I replied. What I didn't anticipate was that while we were in the building it started raining, hard. My hair was drenched within seconds which meant of was going to start curling and go everywhere because it was humid. I walked past the parking lot and up to the main road home. The sky looked really beautiful, even though it was raining and I felt awful it was still beautiful. It was like a blue canvas speckled with black and white and grey. While walking I almost stepped into a puddle. I looked at my reflection in the water. I was a mess. My hair soaked and starting to curl, my eyes were bloodshot from all of the crying, my mascara was starting to run down my face. I heard wheels coming behind me and hoped that maybe it was Lucas. It wasn't. The car zoomed past me and dumped all the water from the puddle on me. It was cold at first but then everything was just burning. I continued to walk for ten minutes while everything just got worse I was freezing and my feet were going to explode. I took a step and one of my knees gave out sending me to the pavement. God this was pathetic. I can't believe I thought that maybe he would remember or that it was even important. I was all dressed up and for nothing. I was so tired. I should just lay on the ground, just sleep here. I heard a car coming but I didn't care it wouldn't hit me because I was off of the road and onto the pull over lane. The car screeched to a stop. I heard the door open and slam. There were footsteps running towards me. I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"McKayla! What are you doing?" Luke yelled. I jumped up.
"Walking home. I just needed a break." I say.
"Why are you walking home?" He asked
"Because! Luke you forgot our anniversary! I know it's not a big deal but look your the first healthy relationship I've had and I just wanted it to work. I made myself look like an idiot and I know I'm overreacting and acting crazy but-" my face was hot from tears "then when I left you didn't come after me and that hurt more! You let me walk for fifteen minutes." I said sobbing.
"That's not what, look I tried coming after you but then they yelled at me for not paying. Then I payed but my card didn't go through so I had to use cash and It just look that's not my point." He said holding my shoulders.
"Kayla I did remember our anniversary! Of course I did but look I was gunna do this at home, I had this whole thing set up but Kayla, I love you so much. Everything your curly hair, your weird thing about keeping your make-up displayed on the counter in order of usage," I was crying but happy crying now "I love your obsession with the color purple I love your phone case for every outfit I love everything about you. So-" he got down on one knee. I gasped. "McKayla Leanne Reynolds" he pulled out a beautiful pearl ring in a black box "will you marry me?" He asked. I smiled and giggled.
"Yes, I love you too Luke." I said. He smiled wide showing all teeth, rain running down his face. He put the ring on my finger and got up. He kissed me and wrapped his arms around my waist picking me up.
"I love you." I say.
"I love you too." He says.
"Can we get in the car I'm freaking freezing." I say.
"Yes." He answers. He picked me up bridal style and put me in his truck. I looked at my ring, this was it. This was real. No more fooling around. I'm REALLY getting married.