4: Under the Moonlight

He noticed the change of heart within his adar when he accepted Tauriel, daughter of the forest, into his home. Legolas was then a visitor until the fortnight where he'll return the journey with the fellowship. Really, he had just came to get advice, to read history that their kingdom had stored so he can be of help to Aragorn when they started to travel towards Isengard. However that night he joined his father for a dinner, a first after 30 years.

That's when he noticed a tensed Tauriel sitting by his father's right, her face contorted and reluctant to lower her defenses. His father, on the other hand looked overjoyed beneath the straight face he shows, and content, to say the least. He might or might not saw the little glances he would give to bowing Toriel who daren't look at the king who did not care about Thorin. Legolas stood behind the pillar of the entrance, and when the king landed his eyes on him, widening his eyes in the process, Legolas chose to smile at him and wink before hurrying to get out of sight before anybody can see him.

Well, dinner can wait until 30 years later (or less if the two marry soon)

He had a grin plastered on his lips as he slid into his mantle under a tree, which is something he figured he was well accustomed to, and thought about how wonderful it is to love. He thought of an exiled ranger, a dwarf and four hobbits joining forces to destroy evil and whether he had seen someone from the aforementioned group as more than a companion for peace, he daren't take him away from his mind.

And whether he's excited to see him again, the trees knows about it.