ii

It was about to be sun break and I was waiting for my father to meet me outside in front of the house

It was about to be sun break and I was waiting for my father to meet me outside in front of the house. I looked out at the trail ahead of me and sighed in anticipation. The door then slid open, out came my mother, my father and my eldest brother. My father however was holding something as he walked towards me. He then put the family katana in both of his hands in front of him, both my mother and my eldest brother stood behind him.

"Y/n l/n, this is the katana that has been passed down for 7 generations. It will now be 8 because it is yours. Make your family and your ancestors proud." My father handed the pure white katana to me. I bowed and took it in both my hands. I looked up at my father and he had a warm smile on his face. Suddenly, I hugged him tightly which I don't think he expected out of me because his face had shock on it and took him a moment to wrap his arms around me tightly.

We released our embrace after a period of time. My mother came over and hugged me tightly, she kissed the top of my head and let go. I looked at Ikurō, my eldest brother. He smiled and his eyes got watery. We ran at each other and hugged so tight I think my breathing stopped for a second.

"Let's spar again when you come back..." he said softly in my ear.

We released and ruffled my hair a bit. I nudged his arm lightly. The sunlight was starting to climb over the roof of the house.

"Its time, y/n." My father said sternly. I sighed and started walking down the path that lead to the bottom of the hill. I stopped for a moment after some distance from home. I looked back and the rest of my siblings started to come outside to see me with Mai being held by Aya. I started to tear up and smiled. I waved high in the sky, "I LOVE YOU ALL! I'LL SEE YOU LATER!" I screamed at them. They all gave waves back to me while the younger siblings waved aggressively and screamed back my name and that they'll miss me.

                                                ───●●───

I finally reached the village after some time and the sun was about to be in the center of the sky.

"L/n-san! It's you! And you're alone?!" "L/n-san you came with your rice grains? How wonderful!"

"Hey l/n! Come here! Let me buy some!" "Oh l/n-san! Nice to see you! Say, is your eldest brother with you~?"

After some time all of the rice grains I had was gone. I sat down on a small bench that overlooked the plains scenery. There was a light breeze that brushed through my hair as I ate the onigiri my mother prepared for me. My mother's cooking is always the best. I smiled until I felt someone come up to me. I looked behind me and saw a man who looked older than me. He was paler than I was, pitch dark hair that reached his shoulders and his kimono was so beautiful. He smiled warmly at me.

"Is it alright if I sat with you?" He asked softly. His voice was just as soothing as my mothers.

"It is not a problem." I scooted a bit over to make room for him.