Chapter 15:

Eve

It's been a week since I left Rafe. I was numb. I had never felt this way. I had met up with the others and I sat on a bench alone. JJ sat next to me and hugged me " Hey" he gave me a warm smile. I didn't smile back, a frown took over his face. He pressed his lips to my cheek and left.

I felt so hollow inside, I hadn't gone to school for a week. I made this decision and it will get better. I walked next to Kiara and sat on the couch " Hey!" John B said smiling, I faked a smile and looked at the empty soda cans on the table. " Are you coming tonight?" Sarah asked me " where?" I asked with a blank expression " Party at my house" she smiled a small smile. I nodded and got up to leave. I waved goodbye and started to make my way down the steps. I felt JJ's arms grab my wrist " Don't push us away. Don't push me away" he kissed my head and left.

I arrived home and my mother left me a sandwich and a note that she said has another night shift. I had a shower and dried my hair. I did my make-up and got dressed up, this was the most productive I have been in the last week. I felt better as I walked to Sarah's house. He won't be there. My brain had suddenly reminded me of the reason for my pain. I finally arrived at the house.

The living room was packed and I made my way to the backyard. I saw JJ and the others sitting on one of the benches. Kiara handed me a drink and we all talked and danced to the music. I got up on the bench and started to dance, waving and flipping my hair around, I watched as JJ's eyes sparkled. I was slightly drunk and I needed to pee. I stumbled off the bench and walked to the bathroom. I struggled to get up the stairs but I made it to the bathroom.

I closed the door and I looked into the mirror. I stayed looking at my reflection with my eyes closed, for at least half an hour. I felt large hands wrap around me and move my hair to the side, his hand slid up my dress and I felt as he tugged at my panties. My eyes opened and darted to his, his ocean blue eyes were wild and hungry. " We can't stay away from each other, Eve. You are addicted to me" he whispered in my ears. He slowly bent me over the sink. He took me right  there, grabbing my hair and thrusting into me with all his force.

As he finished, I turned to him. He grabbed my face violently " You are mine" he said through his teeth " You cannot leave me". I stared into his eyes, I felt a tear escape " But you'll never be mine" I said pulling away from his touch. I ran down the stairs and through the front door. I stopped as I felt the cold ground against my bare feet, tears staining my cheeks. " Eve!" he screamed. I turned to look at him, to look at my mistake. " When will you get it Eve!" he yelled at me, rage filling his features " I was always yours" his expression softened at his words and I looked at him with a disgusted look.

" Were you mine when you fucked her?!" I screamed at him, pushing him and hitting his chest " It was a mistake! My head... My head is fucked up" he admitted. I took a step towards him. My face only inches from his " You're pathetic" I clenched my jaw and walked away, yet another time.

I stopped at the beach and stared into the distance. I was still angry and upset. I felt as if a bullet had shot through me. My mind kept on replaying the image of Rafe's face as I said those awful words to him. The silence was killing me.