CHAPTER 11

*one week after competition*
Brooke pov:
I walk into pyramid , Abby is standing there with a smile, for a change. Mackenzie, nia , Kendall , and Paige are at the bottom. Chloe , Maddie , and Nick are in the middle. Then there's me in the first row, but I notice there's one more picture on top of mine.
"As we know, " Abby begins to say " Nick is sick with mono, therefore we will have someone from the Senior Company to replace him for the time being."
She reveals the person and Brandon's picture is there! I almost choke on my own saliva. Brandon and I haven't talked in forever, Nick coughs. " He is replacing me?!" Nick grumbles , emphasizing the word " He " .
" it's only for the time you are recovering " Abby says " but you are welcome to sit with me and watch the routines. "
Brandon comes in and stands between Chloe and I , awfully close to me . His hand brushes against mine and I quickly pull it back. Nick grabs my waist and pulls me towards him. I smile as Brandon sees.

Nick pov :
I see that idiot , Brandon standing too close to Brooke, so I pull her closely to me. " Brooke and Brandon will have a duet." Abby says .
"What." I manage to say hoarsely.
Brooke gasps and looks at me .
"Nick!!" She whispers.
"It'll be okay. I'll keep my eye on him." I say reassuringly .
She nods and takes my hand .
"And if you screw this up , you will never hear the end of it . The duet is called 'To the ends of the earth' , since it was meant for Brooke and Nick it is very sensual and it is about love. It is lyrical and I expect lots of emotion."
Brooke groans and Brandon looks down. I don't think he's comfortable with the piece, which makes me happy. He better stay away from Brooke .