chapter seventy-six

season two ; episode ten { Coastal Venture }
chapter seventy-six

BROOKLYN PULLED HER MUD COVERED JACKET OFF HER BODY AND CHUCKED IT ACROSS THE CANISTER

BROOKLYN PULLED HER MUD COVERED JACKET OFF HER BODY AND CHUCKED IT ACROSS THE CANISTER. She felt disgusting in her own clothes as they had been soaked in mud and water. JJ had pulled her hair back for her and was dragging his fingers through to rid of any mud or knots. Her entire body was sticky and sweaty from the heat of being in this metal thing.

Brooklyn so badly wanted to get out of here but looking around it seemed impossible to do so. JJ also didn't seem too happy about it. "Nice work, John B. You know these things lock from the outside, right?"

"Okay, I was just trying to get us on the boat, JJ. I wasn't thinking that far ahead," John B says.

"Now we're stuck in here like rats. In this death cage!"

"It's hot," Brooklyn says, running her heads through her hair.

"Okay, JJ, you're not helping."

"You don't have a lot of room to talk right now. You said you had a plan, but what happened to thinking ahead?" JJ says, clearly not in the best of moods because no one had thought of a thorough plan that could get us out of here.

"I find your lack of self-knowledge disturbing."

"Last I checked, you literally shot an oil container with a gat," he laughed.

"Oh my God! Shut up. Shut up!" Kiara slammed her foot in between the two boys to silence them. "Pull it together."

"Let's just try and find a way out of here," Brooklyn says, standing up from her spot.

As they tried to devise a plan, the group started to get more sweaty and bothered. Everyone had removed their jackets or were pulling their hair away from their face while they thought of something, anything that could get them out of here.

John B was staring out the cracks of the small vent opening to feel some air on his face but to also check if any workers were near them.

"Hey, Pope, how do you kill a snake?"

"You go for the head," Pope replies.

"Exactly. But the head, in this instance, is the bridge. To take the bridge, we need maximum firepower. And I happen to know that there's an armoury on this ship in case of pirate attacks," JJ says but his story didn't sound too believable.

"Pirates aren't real—"

"If we take that— I'm not just talking about pistols."

"You lost me. Killing everybody here is not a plan," Brooklyn tells him, brushing her shoulder past him to get to the other end.

"Babe, come on," JJ whines.

Kiara brushes past JJ and join's Brooklyn as she also didn't understand what JJ's plan in this was.