Life in the foster care system:Chapter 2

Lunas life in the orphanage consists of always being sent back when she almost feels safe. "They say she's too sad." She's used to always being sent back so she never gets too attached to anyone.

All her family is at the orphanage she's been their ever since her parents died. Everyone loves her she helps out and is very well behaved. She never talks about the night she lost her parents its too painful for her.

Luna always congratulated the kids who get adopted, but she never thought she'd get adopted her self. She accepted that she would be here the rest of her life until one day a tall woman and man came in looking to adopt a child. Luna payed them no attention as she already accepted that no one wanted her.

They took one look at her and choose to adopt her, but she didn't know why. She will find out soon enough.
That day they signed the papers legally adopting her. Luna was so overjoyed she could hardly contain her excitement. She packed her things and hurries to get to the couples car. They seemed so kind until we all arrived to their house.

"Listen you little brat, you better be thankful we took you."
"I am I promise." I'll show you to your room." She takes Luna down a long hallway and up some stairs until finally she stops at a door that looks rusted,dirty and old. She opens the door forcing Luna in and as she sets the suitcase on the bed. Hidi tells her, "this will be where you stay." "You will have to be up by 5am every weekend and when you come back from school you need to clean the house. Your a maid Nothing more." Luna nods.

The next morning is a Saturday, so Luna wakes up, gets dressed and hurries down the stairs and the long hallway leading to the main areas of the house. She starts on the laundry, and the dishes. Hidi walks out into the living room demanding Luna serve her breakfast and coffee. Luna runs to the kitchen preparing things and drops a glass dish, as she cleans it hidi comes in slapping her hard and says,  " your useless can't even do simple tasks. Get out of my sight now!" Luna hurries to a different area of the house and cries, she has never been slapped like that before.

Luna finally finishes her chores she goes back up to her room, well the attic.  She lays in bed knowing it's going to get worse.

Luna gets up going to the bathroom to shower. She undresses and gets under the hot water, feeling it calm her.
As she washes herself and gets out, gets dressed then heads to the attic. Luna drifts off to sleep cause she has school the next day, she hopes it will be better than being here.