Chapter One

The sun was smiling down the rooftop and over the horizon as I sat on the front porch. I savored the aroma of the freshly cut grass.

Breathe.

I like to practice my yoga breathing when I'm stressed to clear my mind of struggles. I pick a peaceful atmosphere(most of the time I choose the outdoors) to relax.

  The sun is setting, soon it will be dark, I enjoy the starry night sky. I may not know much about space but if I had a telescope I would star gaze every night.

I sighed knowing that I would have to come back inside to do my studies. My parents forced me to go to school to do a job with a high-paying salary, especially in the medical field. I chose to study cardiology even though I hate it. I have been in medical school for only a year and am already tired of it.

If only my family knew how much I am passionate about creative writing and poetry. Since grade school, my teachers praised my writing ability and suggested that I should think of taking it on as a career. But my parents always look past my talent and think it is a waste of my time.

  I love seeing them proud of my medical skills, and I do want them happy, even if it does take away mine.

"Come inside and study for your upcoming exam!" my mum called from the living room window.

It was nice while it lasted. At least I got to stop worrying about my important final exam for a little while.

I sighed,

"Alright."

That night I sat down at my desk to study. I love to have my desk facing the window so I can see the stars (which is agreeably easier to see from my upstairs bedroom.) Tonight I was more focused on the night sky than on my studies. I stared longingly outside at the stars who shined like crystals.

I felt so alone. I really like to be in a romantic relationship with someone who treats me with care and passion. My expectations of a man are particular.

I love to be with someone who is tender and passionate to me and uses poetry to express how he feels. Someone tall, slender, with long hair, a charming smile, and soulful eyes. 

In the past, I had a bad experience with relationships. I'm always the one to be broken up with because of my falling in love too soon. I long for love, the big hole in my heart is in the need for filling. I just happen to care too much...

I noticed I'd been in a daze for far too long. I snapped out of it. I did not want to continue my studies any time soon. I sighed as I looked out the window. All of a sudden I saw something that caught my eye. Something glimmering was falling out of the sky! Is that....a shooting star!?

I knew exactly what to wish for! I wish for...

The perfect man for me.