38. Baku pt.1

Entering the paddock on media day with one hand on Jules' stroller and the other firmly wrapped around Seb's, Valeria could feel butterflies in her stomach. She had been repeating to herself, since the morning, how everything was going to be fine and how nobody was going to make a big fuss out of Jules' first outing in the F1 world, after all the press and the fans had already had a few snaps of him when she was caught hanging out with Daniel in Monaco. Sure, she had made sure he was as covered as the weather condition allowed, but his bright blue eyes could still be seen behind his little hat.

'It's fine, you know?' Seb smirked. 'This was all your idea, why are you so stressed?' Valeria shot him a confused look. 'Clammy hands. Veeeery clammy hands' he explained. 'I am surprised the stroller hasn't flown out of  your hands'

'Very funny, Vettel. Very very funny'

'Are you sure you're talking to Seb? Funny and Seb don't really go together' Daniel interrupted, walking behind them. 'Alright, guys? And NO WAY. How did she convince you to get Jules out?' He asked, surprised, bending over on his knees to give the young boy a cuddle. 'Aw, he remembers Uncle Dan' he beamed, as Jules smiled at him.

'Hey, he's funny in his own German dad way' Valeria chuckled, earning an annoyed look from Seb. 'How's it going, Dani?'

'Yeah, good, I think' he smiled.

'You think, or you know?'

'I think' he shrugged.

'If you need to chat, you know I am here, right?' Valeria lowered her tone, as Seb had been stopped by a fan for an autograph and a picture.

'I know, thank you, Taz.' he smiled, still playing around with Jules from the floor. 'How did Seb cope with it?' He eventually asked, after a brief pause.

'Cope with what?'

'Being told by everyone that he'd lost it, that he didn't know what he was doing anymore. I mean, we all knew it was bullshit, but did he actually? Or did he question himself a little?'

'That's a question for him, he never really said. I think, deep down, it affected him more than he showed, but there is really nothing you can do if you're not comfortable in the car, you'll always be too afraid to push or you'll make mistakes, but we all know you both wouldn't be where you are if you didn't have talent.'

'I... you're right. Seb, you have a wise wife' he stood up as the German had returned to them. 'I might need some advice from you too, though'

'Any time, I am pretty amazing at anything I do' He joked. 'ask Vale'

'He's OK' she shrugged.

'Cheers, Vettels, I really gotta go but it's always a pleasure. Especially you, Jules. Can't wait to take you out karting'

~•~•~•

'I got you a coffee...decaf' Antti sat next to her in the Aston Martin motorhome and placed a cup in front of her. 'How's the stress levels?'

'High as you expect them to be' she managed to smile. 'But it's going good, Jules has already won over Miriam from hospitality, so she's been getting me bigger portions from the chefs. I had the biggest...' she stopped. 'I mean, I only had healthy stuff. I promise' she laughed.

'It's OK, you're not my client, I won't judge' Antti smirked. 'Where is my boss, anyways?'

'You should know, you spend more time with him than I do'