Chapter Four: You Liiiiike Her

Natsu's P.O.V

I cross my arms when the guy puts his arm around Lucy, my Lucy. She keeps pointing at different ways to turn and I notice that the guy isn't even looking at the map. I growl. I bet he isn't even lost, he just wanted to stare at her chest. My fist clench and sparks begin to fly from them. I should get her a turtleneck for her birthday, right after I punch this creeper.

The guy looks at me for a second. I must have looked really pissed because he stuttered a goodbye and hurried off...in the opposite direction of where Lucy told him to go might I add.

"What got you so mad all of a sudden?" She asks, crossing her arms. I mumble something that sounds like 'nothing'. Trying to argue with Lucy is pointless. She tilts her head to the side for a bit. "I was just helping him out." She says. "Sorry that that was so terrible of me." She huffs, I hear the sarcasm drip from her words. I guess she did just think he needed some help. I do move a little closer to her though, to make sure no one else goes near her.

Why am I so mad about this anyway. I mean I expected to be protective, but not this much...huh.

Happy smirks a me and lands on my head. "You liiiike her."

"Shut up!" I swat at him, but end up smacking myself in the head.

Lucy's giggles reach my ears, I look up to see her covering her mouth with a hand. "What did Happy do?" I can't help but join in her laughter, almost forgetting about Happy's comment, her laugh is just so damn cute, and I probably did look pretty stupid. People looked at us like we were insane, which we probably are I mean look at us! Lucy snorted in the middle of her laugh, we both paused, looked at each other, then burst out laughing until we were red in the face. "Whew." She said, wiping a tear from her eye. Happy stares at us, a small smile on his face directed right at me. I stick my tongue out at the cat who seems to be taking after Mira and keep walking, pretty soon we can all see the huge forest that waits ahead of us.

"Yes! We made it!" I jump in the air, pumping my fist. She playfully punches my shoulder.

"Not yet. The guy's house is still like, 20 minutes away." She walks into the forest. "Maybe we'll find something cool."

Me and Happy cheer loudly, making colourful birds fly out of the trees. She smiles and we walk on the soft dirt path. A full day of traveling must have really worn her out. She was walking slower and slower, but I knew she would be too stubborn to ask to stop so I did.

"I'm getting kind of tired, want to take a quick break?" I ask. Her face brightens up.

"Sure, that would be great." She smiles at me and shrugs her shoulders up. We take a seat against a tree that towered above our heads. Some time later her head is resting on my shoulder, I can feel myself blush, when I look down at her, her eyes are closed and her mouth is slightly open. I smile as I look at her. I could get use to this. With the sun shining on her relaxed face she looks like a goddess.

You liiiiike her. I hear Happy's teasing remark in my head. Do I? I'm only a friend to her though. Maybe I have been on my feet for too long, I must be delusional.

Suddenly there is a rusting in the bushes in front of us. With a quick glance at Lucy I gently stand up and lower her down onto the ground.

"Who's there?" I whisper, walking closer.

No answer.

"Don't make me come in there." I growl, raising my voice slightly. No one is going to hurt my Lucy.

Nothing.

"You asked for this." I say, then spring through the brush and land on something, small and blue. "Happy!" Happy slowly opens his eyes.

"Natsu I was sleeping." He complains, then goes on to tell be about his amazing dream about fish. I shake my head.

"HEY! Give them back! AH!"

Lucy!! Without any thought I burst through the bushes, Happy right behind me. I draw in a breath as I see her on her hands and knees, her hair is hanging in front of her face. She must have heard me because she looks up and I see tears forming in her eyes. Rage fills me as I run towards her.

"My keys." She whispers . I run faster, my feet flying under me. "He took them." Lucy growls as she feels for her whip that is no longer on her hip. I hit some invisible wall and fly backwards. I blink a few times but struggle to me feet and push against the wall.

Seems like some kind of rune magic is trapping her in. I bang my fists against the trap. My flaming punches not doing a thing. "Natsu!" She gets up and runs towards me, banging on her restrains too. "Nats-AHHHHH!" Suddenly she is being slowly suspended in the air. Then she freezes. Doesn't move a muscle. Lucy hangs there with her head tilted slightly to the side. She doesn't say a word. Her eyes are starting to dull and her mouth hangs open, silently. My heart nearly stops as I stare at her. She is slowly dying in front of me. I watch has her cheeks become hollow and bags slowly appear under her eyes. Her skin pales and I start to see her ribs and bones sticking out. The life is literally getting sucked out of her. Then she stops hovering in the air and is dropped to the ground with a sickening crack, blood slowly trickling from the corner of her mouth, and over her dry, cracking lips. She tried to stand up, her thin arms shaking from the effort, only to collapse once again.

"Hey!" I shout into the forest. "Why don't you come out and fight me!" Flames filled with rage and fury surround my body. "Come on you COWARD!"

Lucy's frail whimper directs my attention back to her. I turn around and shout again.

"Natsu sto-" she tried so hard to spit out that small sentence, but her own scream of agony stops her. I fall to my knees as a blinding flash of light hits her again and again. Her whimpers and screams getting softer and softer. Why. Why can't I do anything. Why. Eventually the screaming ends, leaving her body on the ground. Her skin is bloody and torn, along with her clothing. Her hair is knotted and messy, blood begins to pool under her thin, lifeless looking body. She isn't moving.

She isn't moving.

"Please." I beg. I want her to be alive. I need her to.

"Don't leave me Lucy" I whisper, leaning my forehead against the barrier.

A man in a black cloak gradually forms beside her. I try to see his face, but he doesn't have one. Just a blank canvas on his head.

He will help her. I tell myself. He has too. That's when he grabs her blond hair and picks her up by it. She only flinches.

Lucy is alive.

He shakes her around, tears falling down her face. She doesn't say a word. I don't think she can.

The one thing she does, is raise her head to me ever so slightly. And smiles a sweet smile, a smile that's masks the pain she was put through. Tears run down her face and she smiles at me. Trying to tell me she'll be alright. That she is going to be fine. She won't though. She won't.

"No." I whisper. I struggle to my feet. "No." I raise my voice. It turns into a shout that shakes leaves from the trees.

"NO! LET GO OF HER!" I launch myself at him, fire on my clenched fists, my eyebrows furrowed and my teeth clenched, and that's when he disappears.

Lucy along with him.

A/N

AHHHHH! NOOOO! LUCY! WHERE IS SHE?! I know, but you don't 😏 Im so sorry for doing this 🙈

Remember to vote and comment!

And no, I'm not amazing enough to own Fairy Tail, or it's characters.

-SailorOfTheNaluShip (Bella)