𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

IT WAS AN INTERESTING BOOK.

The one Robin had recently found in the library, that is.

After returning to her room from the training session, her body sore from the hours of fighting and her mind tired from the intensity of the day, she had showered and put on her pajamas.

She had tried not to think about the book throughout the day, assuming it was just a strange coincidence and that she was just giving importance to something that wasn't there.

But as soon as she had entered the room, her eyes had been glued to the desk where the book laid.

It was a little bit weird, if you asked her. It was almost as if the book was calling to her.

So she decided to ignore it.

After the long awaited bath, she headed towards the bed, relieved that the mud on her hair was gone and glad the warm water had helped her muscles feel less sore. At last, she would finally find the comfort she had been waiting for all day.

That's when she heard it.

It was faint, but she swore she heard it.

Had someone just called her name?

She looked around the room, making sure no one had slipped into her quarters without her noticing. But, just as she expected, she was alone.

And unless there was some kind of ghost that was there to haunt her as if she was in one of 'The Conjuring' movies, there was no reason for someone to be calling out her name. She was not The Weekend.

Robin shrugged, deciding that it was probably her mind playing tricks on her.

Or maybe it was the voices...

But, as crazy as she was, she hadn't gotten that far yet. At least that's what she liked to think.

Her eyes were drawn, once again, to the mysterious book on the desk.

What if-

No. It was not possible.

She was just very tired. That's what it had to be.

But as exhausted as she was, her curiosity was far more intense. So she approached the table slowly, before carefully holding the book in her hands.

She felt a tingling sensation on the top of her fingers as they softly brushed the golden leaves that decorated the front of the book. It was a rather nice feeling, almost giving her a sense of comfort.

It was almost like magic.

Entranced by the way the book seemed to shine under the moonlight that sneaked in through the balcony, she walked towards the bed. Sitting crossed-legged, she placed the book in front of her, eager to see what she would find.

What if there was some kind of secret or message? Like in that Nicolas Cage movie where he steals the Declaration of Independence to find a secret treasure. Or what if she would finally find the proof that aliens were real?

That would be cool.

Maybe scary... but cool.

What if she found actual proof that Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire were in the new Spider-Man movie, confirming the Spider-verse once and for all?

She would probably die of a heart attack, but at least she would die a happy fangirl.

Yeah, that probably wouldn't happen... But it didn't hurt to dream.